Olivia.

I sat at the table with my brother, his wife and our parents. Him and his wife had invited us all here for lunch. They were a lovely couple honestly. My mom always liked her. You could imagine how much better her and my brother were treated after My rejection. My dad always treated me pretty well tho. 

 Tina my brothers wife smiled

Tina: Oliviaaaa I saw the tiktok you and Ariana Grande made for the song you released... you looked so cute. 

I smiled

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠? 𝐈 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐢 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞"

Before I could respond my mom spoke up under her breath

Mom: I listened to the song.. it was alright. I'm surprised Ariana worked with her too. 

I rolled my eyes huffing and my dad sent my mom a glare placing his hand on her arm

Bro: Mom that was mean.... the song was good. Who wouldn't want to work with Olivia. she's talented

His wife nodded

my mom smacked her lips.

Mom: Boy shut up! that girl don't know a damn thing about love. How would she? out here making love songs and for what!?

Dad: That's enough. 

I frowned... I was always so emotionally drained anytime i was around her.

I stood up from my seat.

"𝐋𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞."

Mom: There she goes running away from her problems.

I stopped and rolled my eyes then looked at her

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰.. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲. 𝐃𝐚𝐝'𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐚 𝟗 𝐭𝐨 𝟓 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭"

My brother tried not to laugh while his wife looked shocked with her hands over her mouth 

Dad: Olivia!!

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞. 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐢 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰!"