- Alaric, what about the cattle? – Convel asks.

- Make sure that the cattle are ready to move as well, but it if comes down we'll leave it behind. – he adds. He turns to Lawrence, expecting him to continue.

- Lawrence, what is the safest route up northwest? High ground is our priority. –

- We could head to the Umadora mountains. It's uphill, and across the river, so hunters can't take vehicles. It can buy us some time if they aren't there already. – the elder suggests. Alaric considered it for a second.

- Okay, Gregory send elites to check the perimeter. – he orders.

Everyone had their orders, everyone except for me. My dad always refuses to assign anything to me, I just follow him around like a lost pup. It's so humiliating. We were about to leave when the front door opened and closed. Steps came in our direction rapidly, revealing a wet Caleb. Relief washes through my body as I saw him, but I contain my body.

- Caleb. – Alaric acknowledges him.

- Apologize for the delay. – he excused himself.

He sounds a bit agitated, probably from running. Why is he wet, though? He looks at everyone around with respect. He takes his spot next to Convel because he's the future Beta in command. When our eyes connected, he smiles.

- What can you tell us? – Convel quickly asks, his voice in a rush.

- Hunters showed up unannounced in domestic territory. They were holding a meeting when we left. - he explains nonchalantly, straight to the point.

- How do you know? – Convel asks.

- Teacher said it. They appeared to be uneasy about the whole situation as well. We must be careful either way. -

- How many are them? – Gregory asks.

- We sensed eight near their side of the crossline. Another four kids at school, they left though. – he responds briefly.

- How do we know they are not the same? – Dyrus asks.

- They smelled different, older. There must be more at the meeting. – he specified.

- How did you get through them? – Lawrence asked.

- Through the river, we swam for a while. –

- Were they on the other side of the river? – Alaric asks in his deep tone.

- Not that I know of. We didn't encounter any hunters near the river either. I don't think they are that far. – he explains shortly.

- Maya and Luke? – my dad wondered.

- They are safe and changing. I told them to inform the patrol how many and the direction where we spotted them. They are waiting for instructions. – Caleb spoke firmly and respectfully.

Despite being agitated he's answering very calmly. My dad nods in understanding. This is why my dad likes him so much. He remains calm during rough times, always prioritizes the pack, and moves the pack without overstepping. My dad believes Caleb will become the best Beta this pack has ever seen. I just wish I could speak so freely around my dad. I always freeze whenever he's around and I hate myself for it.

- Good. – my father compliments. – The plan remains the same. Gregory sends the elites towards the mountains just in case. Convel, you oversee moving the pack but remain calm. Domestics haven't violated the agreement, we cannot strike first. –

- I'll help him. – Caleb said.

- No. – my dad cut him off. – Get change and meet me at the crossline. I want you by my side. – he orders somewhat nicely. The young wolf agreed. – Nymeria. – he starts. I turned attentive. – Stay safe. Everyone else you already know what to do, move! – he finished, dismissing everyone.