Chapter 3: Getting Ready for Church.

Start from the beginning

"Well, you are in her life now, you can make up for what she lost," Pa said.

"So this rodeo do you think we should stay?" Bruce asked and I held my breath. Please please please let them let me go.

"It depends," Pa said making me pout a little. That didn't sound like a yes.

"Oh, what?"

"Can you afford to stay a few days more?"

"We can work from here." Ben paused "You do have wifi right?"

Pa chuckled. "This is a ranch, not the past, of course, we have wifi. As for the rodeo, I think it would help. It gives you all a few more days with Kat in a familiar environment to get to know her. Plus Kat needs a fun and relaxing weekend after everything she has been through." I sighed in relief hearing his answer.

"Then we will stay, anything to make Kat happy," Ben stated.

"Well, boys we should all head to bed. The Mrs. Will be getting everyone up early to go to church." My heart skipped a beat as my brothers said night. I quickly ran back up the stairs and into Jaz's room and lay down in bed. Maybe my brothers weren't so bad after all.

The next morning and Jaz's alarms went off on our phones at the same time. I groaned hitting my phone and turning the alarm off. I am sure I had only gotten an hour or two of sleep.

"Time to get up for church." Jaz yawned as she stretched.

"Don't remind me." I groaned getting up heading straight to the bathroom. Just as I was about to go in Jason slide in like a lighten bolt and shut the door. "JASON!!! I was going in there."

"To bad so sad got to be faster than that!" He yelled through the door. "Go downstairs if you want to. I am taking a shower."

"Asshole!" I growled but in a lower voice so Momma or Pa wouldn't hear.

"Heard that!" Jason yelled through the door.

"You were meant to!" I sighed rolling my eyes.

"I heard it too. However I don't think I was meant to." I heard a stone cold voice from behind me say. I slowly turned around to see Bruce already dressed, arms crossed and a stern look on his face.

I took a big gulp giving him a sheepish smile. "I am sorry." I paused as he stared me down. "Good morning, you seem to be ready early."

"I am, Laura told us yesterday that we need to be up by now." He paused and sighed. "Listen Kat we don't do cussing especially Ben. That being said I am going to give you this one and only warning. I don't want to hear words like that come out of your mouth again. Understand?"

I looked at my feet and nodded. "Yes sir. I am sorry."

"Good now go get ready before Mr. and Mrs. Smith get upset." He said as he turned to walked down the stairs. I looked at the bathroom door hearing the shower knowing that Jason would take forever so I just headed downstairs. As I got to the bathroom Ben walked out of his room fully dressed.

"Good morning Kat. Your not ready yet?" He said narrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah, we don't leave for another hour, I just got up, and Jason stole the upstairs bathroom from me. Now if you will excuse me I have to pee." I snapped turning around walking into the bathroom and shutting the door. Maybe I shouldn't have snapped like that but I was so tired. I just know if Pa heard me I would have gotten scolded. Guess its a good thing he wasn't around. I went to the bathroom and made sure to wash my face, my tooth brush was upstairs so that would have to wait. Once I was done I got out and headed back upstairs to my room to find something to wear. I picked out a light blue sundress that Momma had bought me not to long ago. I grabbed my sandals out of the closet and headed out to see Jason was finally out of the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and hair pining it out of my face.