10 - Let's make a deal

Special to my classmates : Sophia, Janelle, Peaches, Mina, Mirabelle, Georgina, Modesta, Becky Michelle and Nana Adwoa.

*Ren's Pov*
I'm sure you know my sitting partner Estella? If you do then good for you.

But then you see something is off about her. Everyone is afraid to mention her name and no one knows where she disappears to  during recess and a few minutes to closing.

And as her tutor, it's my duty to know her whereabouts. So I took it upon myself to ask one person.

Everyone called him the 'budha' because he has answers to literally everything related to the school.

"Hello budha," I went to him. "Hello Ren, what would you like to know?" He asked.

"Well, I want to know, where does Estella go-," {shushes me} "We don't mention her name like that," He looked to his left and then to his right.

"The last time I snuck up on her she beat me up and real bad and almost broke my arm." He said.

"But, {leans in} she always heads to the rooftop to s-, nevermind, that's all you need to know,"

"Well, that's useful information, I'll take my leave now," I thanked him and left.

Come to think of it, she's always chewing some grayish thing and it has some kind of smell.

I don't know, why I was interested in her life, I think it started when she came over to my place.

I swore I wanted to have a heart attack. She looked so cute and for the first time in 2 years I had those butterflies.

But is it really true that she beat him up and almost broke his arm?

But what exactly does she do at the rooftop? {groans} so many questions yet so little answers.

There, Estella was making her way to the rooftop and I silently followed her.

God what am I doing? I shouldn't be doing this but my legs carried me all the way there.

I peeked through the door hole and saw her grab a lighter to light her cigarette.

"Man I'm tired {exhales smoke} all this tutoring is making me crazy!" She groaned.

"So that explains why she ran away the other time, her cigs fell.

But then how do I confront her? During our last period, Estella wasn't in class and luckily, it was a free period.

I followed her to the rooftop once more and I know I should let here be, but seeing her reminded me of Himiko....

*Estella's Pov*
So I made my way to the rooftop like I always do and asi was inhaling the cig deeply.

Then I heard someone say,"I didn't know you'd be here," I turn around and it was Ren.

"Ren~ {coughs} what are you doing here? {flicks the cig away} shouldn't you be in class?" I asked.

"I was going to ask you the same thing," He shot back at me.

"Well, I...I came to relieve some stress," I came up with some lame excuse.

All he did was look at me with that serious face.

"Okay fine, fine, I came here to relieve stress through smoking," I confessed.

"I see, {pinches the bridge of his nose} my student smokes," He sighed and sat down like a disappointed teacher.

"Say, who told you about me?" I asked. "I'm not snitching," He said.

I'm pretty sure it's that budha guy. I should've broken his entire limps when I had the chance.

"Hey can we make a deal?" He suggested. " I'm listening," "Can you....stop smoking please?" He begged.

"It's going to be hard, but what's in it for me?"

"I'll give you lollipops and give you food and a slower death," He said.

"Well then, {goes through my pockets and gives him my cigs, nicotine gum and lighter} but I want lollipops," I said.

"What about chocolate?" "Well that will be nice,"

"So do we have a deal?" He pulled out his ungloved hand.

"Yeah, we do," I shook his hands and sanitizer his.

"You know you shouldn't have done that," He mumbled.