Good thing he wasn’t referring to my father anymore.

The television was blaring the theme song to Spongebob Squarepants so I grab the remote, clicking the TV off.

The silence of the apartment felt eerie and comforting at the same time. I go to pick up the pile of blankets that Caleb must have left on the couch. “Boo!” Someone’s large figure popped up in the blankets. My heart skipped a beat, and I almost fall back on my butt. If it wasn’t for the person’s hands supporting the small of my back, I would’ve.

“Leave me alone, I swear-” The person covered my mouth.

“Shh, it’s just me.” Jake’s voice whispered into my ear, shivers tingling up and down my spine. “That’s for going out onto the streets when you promised me you wouldn’t.” His voice had a sudden anger to it, and I knew this was coming. Stupid me.

“Well, I didn’t want-”

“Save it, Allie. I know you didn’t want to lose your pride, but you just lost some of my trust.” He waited for a response, and I just give him a flat look. “Ah hell, come here.” Without warning, Jake’s warm lips are pressing against my own, tasting like Cherry Coke. He must have taken one out of my fridge.

Deepening the kiss, I shift myself onto his lap comfortably, my legs on each side of his. Now it’s his turn. He traces my bottom lip with the tip of his tongue, begging for access. Granting him permission, he explores the roof of my mouth and everything else, making his way to sucking on my neck, which causes me to moan out in pleasure. “Okay, well we shouldn’t go any further, I have to go.” Jake looks at his phone for the time in the darkened room and then lifts me up off of his lap, kissing me, his taste lingering on my lips.

With that, he left the apartment, locking the door behind him.

Waking with a start in the morning, I glance around myself and laugh. I am all tangled up in the blankets, and I feel on top of my head with a big mess of tangles on my head. Getting up off of the couch, I stretch and yawn, heading to the bathroom. Oh, god, I think as I glance into the mirror. The jerk gave me a hickey.

“What’s on your neck?” I turn around to meet with a very tired looking Caleb in my vision. His hair is disheveled and his eyes are squinty due to sensitivity to sunlight when his eyes first opened.

Think, Allie, think! “Uh, I just burnt myself with my straightener.” I lie quickly, nice save.

“Oh, okay. Can I go to Sammy’s? He really wants to show me his new Lego set.” Wow, Caleb’s actually been making friends around here. Good.

“Mind staying there for a few hours? I have to with Jake for a little while, he’s gonna help me. Tomorrow I have to go to school like you, so your gonna need to try and find a ride somehow.” I say, brushing through my blonde hair.

“Why cant I walk?” Caleb asked, confused.

“Because, my baby brother is not walking through these streets alone.” I argue, applying some make up as well, changing my outfit into something at least halfway decent.

Jake and I were at the mall within an hour. The whole time he had an uncomfortable look on his face and he was definitely keeping his distance from me. “Sorry, an ex girlfriend of mine works here.” He explains, not looking away from a pretty brunette working the register at Bath And Body Works. I was going to need a hair straightener.

Looking at all of the different prices, I wince back. The cheapest one was one hundred dollars. That was an outrage. “I can get any one, my dad has seven different credit cards set up for me, just pick one.” He whispers, glancing at me quickly.

“Debit.” I tease.

“You know what I mean, dork.” He laughs and grabs one, slamming it down on the counter. Wow, way to be specific.

“How do I even know you got the right kind?” I question, ripping it out of his hands. “Da da da da da…” I trail down the box with my fingers reading all of the advanced, technical things it can do. “Wow, I guess you can pick out one.” I say, laughing.

The girl sneers and rings up the price. Smiling sheepishly, Jake reaches in his pocket and pays for the straightener. I grab the plastic bag labeled ‘Bath And Body Works’ and walk out of the store.

“What the hell is that chick’s problem?” I wonder, annoyed as I struggle to buckle my seatbelt.

Jake helps me out and smirks, applying my seatbelt into it’s holder. “She’s an old hook-up.” He grins wildly, like he’s bragging.

“You must be so proud.” I say, rolling my eyes, crossing my arms. “I bet I’ve been with more boys than you.” I comment, smiling devilishly.

“Okay, you keep dreaming.” He says, driving me back to my apartment. When we pass it, I am totally stunned. I give him a cocked eyebrow expression. “I’ve gotta make sure you look okay for your first day of school.” He says, smirking at me. I just cross my arms moodily and look out the window.

This boy was a trip, but something about him kept me hooked.

__________________________

Please comment vote and fan. im just a girl trying to win the watties lmao, it'd make my life. <3