Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

   When we arrived at home, I lifted Lola up and walked through the open door, Alex and Beth had gotten home before us and opened the door. We - well, I - walked into the lounge and said 'hi'. We were bombarded with hugs and kisses from Beth. While Alex was kind and didn't attack us, he just kissed Lola on the cheek and slapped me on the back playfully.

   I carried Lola up the stairs and into our room, yes our room. We lay on the bed and saw that there were two suitcases as the end of the bed. I looked at Lola confused, just like she looked at me. Beth and Alex knocked on the door and came in. "You rang?" Lola asked.

"No, I knocked and we came to say that you need to change." Beth said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because your flight leaves at four forty."

"Flight?"

"Oh, did we forget to tell you?" Beth asked, sarcastically.

"Tell us what?" Lola asked.

"That we booked you a surprise honeymoon and packed your bags for you."

"How do you know what we want to take?" I asked.

"Trust me, we packed everything you'd possibly need."

"And a little extra." Alex put in.

"Yeah, so get changed Mr and Mrs Sean James, you've got a plane to catch." Beth said.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see."

   Alex and Beth dropped us off at the airport and told us that they'd see us in two weeks and to have a good time. They also said that we'd be going on one of Alex's friends private planes. We grinned at that.

   When we were on the plane, we boarded the plane we were told that we would arrive in around an hour and a half. We buckled our seat belts and Lola leaned her head against my shoulder. "So what did you girlies get up to last night?" I asked, threading my fingers through Lola's.

"Oh, we sort of had a hen night slash baby shower. It was quite funny actually." Lola replied.

"How so?"

"Well we played this game called 'make my baby'. We split up into three teams and had three baby magazines in each team. You had nine minutes to cut out pieces of babies and stick them down to what they thought the baby would look like. I've got some at home, I'll show you some time."

"Cool. Anything else?"

"We also played 'place my baby'."

"How's that work?"

"Well, it's like 'pin the tail on the donkey'. There's a cut out of a bay and it has double sided tape on the back. Each person has one of these and they're blind folded and have to try and get it on my belly button. It was funny."

"After we played 'bottle races'." said, grinning.

"Explain." I said.

"Each person had a baby bottle filled with a type of cocktail and you ha-"

"You're not allowed alcohol, though." I cut in.

"I didn't have any. I had a cocktail of fruit juices."

"Oh."

"Yeah, oh. Anyways, and you have to drink it like a bay out of the bottle without stopping. We all felt so ridiculous."

"I s'pose you would, love."

"We did a lot of things like that, Beth found them on the internet."

"Good ol' Beth."

"Indeed."

"Oh and after we did some hen party thing, with a slight twist." I looked at her confused. "Like, the girls got a stripper but he stripped out of baby clothes - weird, I know. Then we went out and had belly dancing lessons."

"Oh. I missed it. You'll have to give me a taster session of what you learned when we get some time."

"Of course, my love. When we got back from that we had, like, a major pamper session. But we ended up eating half of the cucumber while we waited for the others to put their face masks on."

   I smiled and kissed her cheek. "Ohhh, the face mask definitely made your skin softer, that and smell like a fruit cocktail."

"Oh, we all started to put a bit of each face mask on."

"Well, hun, you'll have to do that at home."

"Oh, will I?" I nodded. "And why's that?"

"Because it's to die for, wifey."

"Ah, well, I'll have to take your advice, husband-y. Hey, no fair. You get to say wifey and I get husband-y, ha ha sounds funny."

"It does, but try hubby, maybe?"

"Ooooooh, how did I forget that?"

"Because you were just too busy obsessing over my amazing good looks."

"Oh, that must be it." After that, I lifted Lola onto my lap and she fell asleep, cuddled up in my arms, breathing deeply.

   "We'll be landing in about ten minutes, please fasten your seat belts." The pilot said through the intercom. Lola's eye lids fluttered and she looked up at me.

I kissed her forehead and said "It's alright, you just need to get back in your seat and do up your belt. We're landing in ten minutes."

"'Kay." Lola whispered, yawning. I lifted her into her seat and she did up her seat belt. I took her hand and pressed my lips to her palm, whispering I love you as I did.

"Love you too, hun." Lola said, smiling and leaning her head on my shoulder. She fell back to sleep and kept her hand in mine.

   As the plane began its descent, I sat and looked at Lola, smiling softly. "We've reached our destination, you may now remove your seat belts. The doors will open in a moment and then you can exit the aircrat, thank you for flying with us today and enjoy your honeymoon." The pilot's voice came through the intercom. Lola and I stood up and got our hand luggage out of the over head compartments. The door opened and we got off of the plane. Someone got our suitcases out of the luggage holder and handed them to us. We dragged them along and went through the arrivals section. We were then met by a travel guide.

   "Hi, I'm Denise. Welcome to Reus airport, Spain. How was the wedding, newly weds?" The travel guide said, shaking our hands then handing us a welcome pack.

"Wonderful." Lola said.

"Amazing, thanks." I said, smiling.

"Well, Sean? Lola? Would you like to meet your driver for the week?" Denise asked.

"Driver? Mmmm, Beth and Alex definitely wanted us to relax." I said.

"Relax? We do that all the time. You don't even know how to heat your own...dinner." Lola said, improvising quickly.

"Blood." Denise corrected. We both looked at her confused. "What, how do you think Alex knows me?"

"Point." I said. "So, can we meet our driver, Denise?"

"Of course, follow me." Denise said. Denise walked forward and we followed her, dragging our suitcases behind us.