Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

   Lola and I were sat in the bath about a week later, when she said it. It shocked me. I didn't think she would. But she did. "I've decided, Sean. I'm going to keep it." Lola said, twisting a piece of hair in her fingers.

"Huh?" Was my response.

"The baby. I'm going to keep it."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"So, we gonna' tell Beth and Alex?"

"Do it tomorrow, can't be arsed today."

"Whatever you want, hun."

"Cool. Hey, we need to ring a midwife to sort out antenatal stuff."

"Do it tomorrow?"

"Yep."

   When Lola and I were out of the bath, dry and dressed, we went into the lounge. I sat on the sofa, facing the arm of the sofa that was opposite me, and had Lola leaning against me, her back against my chest. I had my arms around her waist and I was rubbing her stomach - just imagining the baby inside of her that was growing. As I caressed Lola's stomach, I saw Alex look at me, questioningly. I nodded lightly and smiled, mouthing don't tell Beth after. Alex gave me the 'why?' look. I then mouthed yet back. Alex nodded and smiled at me. I kissed Lola's neck and whispered "Upstairs?" in her ear. Lola stood up and extended her hand towards me. Standing up, I took her hand and we walked upstairs and started kissing on the bed.

   The next day, Lola and I went downstairs and got Beth and Alex in the lounge with us. When we were all in there, Lola and I resumed our sitting position that we were sat in yesterday. I then started to caress Lola's tummy again. Lola sighed in pleasure. I whispered in her ear "Do you want to or shall I?"

Lola looked up at me and said "You do it."

Alex and Beth looked at us and Beth said "Well? Stop torturing us."

I grinned and said "Well...Lola's pregnant." I couldn't stop smiling as I said it.

Beth smiled, stood up, came over and kissed Lola on the cheek. She then said "Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. Both of you."

Lola stood up, hugged Beth and said "Awwww, thanks." I stood up and wrapped my arms around Lola's waist, kissing her neck while smiling. Lola giggled and pushed me away jokily.

Alex then said "Yeah, I'm really happy for the two of you. You'll be great parents."

Lola walked over to Alex and hugged him. She then said "Thank you."

   Beth, Alex, Lola and I drank our blood and watched the TV for a while. "How far gone are you?" Beth asked.

"About five-ish weeks. Is that right, Sean?" Lola replied.

"Yeah, four and a half, five. Why do you ask?" I said, looking towards Beth.

"No reason, just curious. Have you booked antenatal classes?" Beth answered.

"Crud, no. We said that we would today. What time is it?"

"Ummm," Beth checked her watch and said "quarter past six."

"Oh, let's go and call up. They'll still be open." Lola said, standing up and walking towards the phone.

   Lola called the doctors surgery and arranged for antenatal care. Her first appointment was in a week and a half.