(But you could have told him that you are making tea. And he is coming from downstairs, why didn't he ask Uswa for coffee?)

"Uffo Zara! Tum toh aise bol rahi ho jaise usne coffee ki nahi koi 5 course dawat ki demand kardi hai. Aur dheere bolo, sunn lega toh kya sochega." Kubra turned her back to Zara and said, she didn't want to see Zara's angry face.

(Uffo, Zara! You are acting as if he has demanded a 5 course meal. And lower your voice, what if he will hear you?)

"Jo sochna hai soche, mujhe bilkul nahi pasand yeh." Zara shrugged her shoulder and said, taking down the cooker to take boil potatoes out.

(Then let him hear, I don't like him.)

"Achha na, tum paratha banao, Shahzaib wait kar rahe honge."

(Alright, you make paratha, Shahzaib must be waiting.)

Kubra knew about Zara's dislike for Rafey, and according to her it was unreasonable. But still, Kubra couldn't say more in the defense of Rafey.

•••

As Kubra predicted, Shahzaib was indeed dressed up, black jeans and half sleeves black shirt (which perfectly showed his biceps.) he was even wearing a watch which he only wears when he had to go out.

His attire made Hanif Mirza questioned if he is going out anywhere? And this made Kubra and Rafey snicker.

"Shadi ka ghar hai kahi na kahi jana hoga na kaam se baar baar kaha taiyyar hota..." Scratching his head, Shahzaib make up an excuse.

Once again, Rafey and Kubra burst into laughing.

When Hanif looked at them, and Shahzaib glare in their direction, Rafey covered his laugh by a fake cough, while Kubra bowed her head down.

"Kya hua hai?" Hanif Mirza asked.

(What happened?)

"Kuch nahi, baba." Zara picked up empty cups and left. She was already feeling unwell with Rafey and Kubra's continues teasing. And now Hanif Mirza's oblivious questions were embarrassing.

(Nothing, Baba.)

"Issey kya hua?" Hanif looked at Kubra and asked, Zara has just come and left, without eating anything.

(What happened to her?)

"Kuch nahi hua, baba, ap pareshaan na ho." Kubra assured him and left to check on her friend.

(Nothing happened, Baba, don't worry.)

Hanif looked at Shahzaib to ask him about something, but Shahzaib bowed his head down so he won't have to answer him.

This made Hanif looked at Rafey.

Rafey could only shrug his shoulder. "Baba, ap paratha khaiye, achha bana hai." Passing Hanif casserole, Rafey said.

(Baba, have paratha, it is very tasty.)

"Haan, lao. Zara ke hath mein bilkul apni nani ka zayka hai." Hanif Mirza took it from him, when he took first bite of the paratha, he praises Zara's cooking.

(Zara has taken after her grandmother's cooking skills.)

•••

"Hayder, tum mithai wale ke paas ja rahe ho na?" Rabia stopped Hayder, who was going out while talking on his phone

(Hayder, you are going to sweet shop, right?)

"Ji, badi mummy." Disconnecting the call, he put his phone in the pocket of his white kurta and answered her.