𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, the fall of her

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter seventeen ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVEN WITH A BULLET NESTLED IN HER SIDE, Evelyn manages to wrap her hand around Janson's ankle, preventing him from chasing after Thomas. He falls flat on his face, the gun sliding along the floor away from him while Evelyn shakily pushes herself up, a hand still clamped down on her wound.

Janson raises up, "You never give up, do you?"

She shrugs, grunting lowly as she watches his every move carefully, "The same can be said for you," She raises a bloody hand to wipe her hair from her eyes, painting her face with her own blood.

Suddenly, Janson charges forward, his arms wrapping around her waist as he runs her into a wall behind her, her back dancing against the surface. She lets out a bloodcurdling yell as he lands a punch across her face, spraying blood on the floor. She jerks her knee up, driving it into his crotch before kicking him away from her and he stumbles back, tripping on a bit of rumble from the explosion.

Evelyn dashes towards his gun, picking it up from the floor and raising it, but her hands won't stop shaking and the pain shooting through her abdomen causes every shot she makes to miss, until finally one bullet lands in his leg. As he slouches over in pain, Evelyn drops the gun and runs into the room Thomas and Teresa escaped into.

"Eve," Teresa hisses, watching as the other brunette slides down onto the floor behind a set of drawers.

"Yeah?" Evelyn grunts.

Teresa bites her lip, her gaze going down to her hands that are clamped over Thomas' stomach, "Thomas— he's— he's been shot too."

Evelyn's eyes grow wide in an instant, and she's twisting her body around before shuffling quickly over to Teresa's side, looking down at Thomas as he lays his head back against the metal cabinet, groaning as Teresa's fingers press into his wound.

"Eve," He croaks, raising a shaky hand to motion to her own wound which she still has a hand on, "You— you're shot."

"I know, big guy," She hums, grimacing at the sight of the blood staining his shirt, "But so are you."

Teresa looks between the both, watching as Evelyn's face screws up in pain as another jab rolls over her body, "I need to get you both out of here immediately. You're not going to be able to survive long with the bullets inside you."

Not being able to speak properly to reply, Evelyn coughs, dropping down and letting her back slam against the cabinet beside Thomas.