𝒔𝒊𝒙, tags

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter six ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

AFTER GETTING TEASED BY THE GROUP, Thomas ventured out to go track down Teresa while she was walking home from the Lab. There was no doubt that she would sprint after him the second she saw his face, and the thought of seeing her call his name as if she had done no wrong made Evelyn angry. Therefore, Gally had managed to convince her to stay back with the rest of the group.

Gally pushes a hooded Teresa down into a seat opposite everyone in an abandoned Cathedral. Thomas slips down onto a chair beside a table, glancing over his shoulder at Evelyn, who's stood behind him with her arms crossed and her fingernails digging into her biceps. She doesn't bother meeting his gaze.

Newt yanks the hood off the girl, and she gasps quietly, her head whipping a round the room at the occupants. They linger on Evelyn for a small moment, noticing her strengthened arm muscles and her hardened glare. Then Teresa sees Gally.

"G-gally?" She stammers in surprise.

"Here's how this is gonna go," Gally states, leaning on the table, "We're gonna ask you some questions. . . and you're gonna tell us exactly what we need to know. We'll start of simple. Where's Minho?" He straightens up, dragging a chair over.

She looks over at Thomas, "You guys don't seriously think—"

Gally slams the chair down in front of her, cutting her words short as he slides down into the seat, crossing his arms, "Don't look at him. Why are you looking at him? Look at me. He's not gonna help you."

Sighing, she glances for a second back over at Thomas, then at Eve, who meets her gaze and tilts her head with a clenched jaw, causing Teresa's eyes to snap back to Gally.

"Now, we know you have Minho in the building," Gally snarls, "Where?"

"He's with the others in holding," She informs him, "Sublevel three."

"How many others?" Newt questions.

"Twenty eight," She answers slowly.

Brenda hums, placing her playing cars down in front of Jorge, "I can make that work."

"No," Teresa shakes her head defiantly, "No, you guys don't understand. The whole level's restricted. You can't get in without a thumbprint ID."

Thomas nods, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees, "That's why you're gonna come with us."

Evelyn purses her lips, shrugging, "Or, we don't necessarily need all of her, do we?" She uncrosses her arms, bringing her knife out and revealing it, "I could easily and happily take just her finger."