𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒗𝒆, goldie

REDEMPTION.
[ chapter twelve ]

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

FLASHBACK.

Newt had been lucky enough to know Evelyn before she put up a guard so strong no one could get past it. He'd been able to experience her happy and excited her side, but also her emotional side. But, after her nigh in the maze, she hadn't  shown a single ounce of any kind of emotion; joyful or sad. She's just a void.

Minho tried to get her to talk to him about her problems and how she felt, but Minho hadn't always been the most serious person around her, so Newt understood why she didn't want to have a therapy session with him.

As seen as she was banned from running for a while, she spent most of her time in the woods collecting shrubs and practicing her knife skills. Almost every other glader had ended up nearly been cut with the blade of one of her weapons, whether that was accidental or not, she never bothered sharing or apologising.

"Eve, put the knife down," Newt directed, his hand out in front of him as he crept towards the pair.

Evelyn stood in front of the new greenie with her blade pressing lightly against the skin covering his bobbing adam's apple. His back is pressed against the meeting room wall, and a crowd of teenage boys stood around in silence.

"Eve!" He raised his voice, finally managing to catch her attention and her gaze floated over to him, but her grip on the greenie never lightened, "Let him go."

Evelyn rolled her jaw, "How come every time I step out of line with a boy every single one of you treats me like a villain, but when any of you try do things to me, everyone acts as if it's nothing!" She pushed away from the greenie, facing the crowd properly, "I'm not here for you disgusting boys to treat like pig shit, or perv over! I'm more manly that most of you here, so do not even think about trying to do shit you know I won't like."

Gally and Minho leant beside the door, exchanging a glance while they smirked, watching as the faces of the teenage gladers dropped significantly, and almost immediately everyone began to exit the meeting room.

Then, she broke; dropping down onto a wooden bench and resting her head in her hands as her body vibrated, showing she was crying. Newt turned, his eyes landing on the girl's two closest friends by the door. He stares at them for a moment, but they did nothing but look at the girl, unsure of what to say or do.

"Get out," Newt mouthed roughly, and they were quick to follow his orders. He slowly made his way over to the sobbing girl, lowering himself beside her, making sure to keep some distance between them both, "Eve?"