"I thought you said you were bringing my daughter with you," Dominic finally spoke. I placed my hand on the armrest and began tapping it. Each tap served as a marker, keeping track of how long this meeting would last. I didn't want it to drag on, as there wasn't much to discuss.

"I changed my mind. We're not here to discuss your daughter. We're here to talk about how you're going to give me control of the streets in Costa Rica and New York," I stated. Ten minutes had already slipped away.

"I've already told you that I can't do that. For me to give you control, I would either have to die or surrender it willingly. You can't kill me, and I won't hand it over without a fight. You should know this business better than anyone else in this room," Dominic remarked.

It's been eighteen minutes.

"I won't hand over the reins of Costa Rica or New York streets to you. During your absence of the past two and a half years, things have been running smoothly, and I can't afford the trouble that would come with your return. Right now, my family and I are not willing to deal with the consequences. I've already held meetings with the board, and they are adamant about not allowing you to regain control."

My right hand began tapping faster than I expected. This was taking too long. No meeting should last more than fifteen minutes, and this was exceeding my expectations. I was growing anxious, and when I get anxious, my mind starts to wander. Often, I would find myself sitting in a dark room with four corners. There would be a little boy sitting in front of the wall, rocking back and forth, repeating a sentence that I couldn't make out. I would always be in the room countless times, but every time I tried to interact with the boy, I couldn't. It was as if we were both trapped in separate bubbles-I in mine, and he in his. I couldn't escape my bubble, and neither could he. It was like we were trapped in time, stuck in a never ending cycle. The world around us stood frozen, devoid of movement, while his relentless words pierced through the stillness.

"Ronan," my mind snapped back to reality. I looked around the bright room. My brother was on my left, and the bodyguard was on my right. In the corner of my eye, I noticed Dominic studying me carefully, almost too carefully. There were three other bodyguards in front of me, making a total of four, with two more stationed outside. The door was locked, and the room was soundproof, ensuring the bodyguards wouldn't hear anything. And What I was about to do was going to be loud.

I never came with just one gun.

One shot was enough to kill two people simultaneously, and within a second, I managed to take out the other bodyguard standing in front of me. The bodyguard beside me quickly pointed his gun at my head, causing me to pause. The sound of another shot filled my ears, indicating that Nicholas also had a gun, and he took down the other bodyguard. I used my leg to push over the lifeless body and swiftly moved to the seat next to Dominic, who had smears of crimson blood on his face. I began dismantling my gun in front of him, taking the barrel in my hand and tracing it with my index finger.

"You're right. You're always right, Dominic. I can't kill you. But I can kill everyone else who is dear to you. These bodyguards may have meant nothing to you, but they were your protection. I don't care what you or the board have to say. I will take back the streets of Costa Rica and New York because, in fact, I built everything that your ass sits on," the barrel of a gun was my favorite part. It was the reason why guns were useful. However, they were also good for other things, like jamming it into someone's hand, and that's exactly what I did.

"Ronan," Nicholas warned.

"I can't kill him, so I might as well," I turned back to Dominic, who was groaning in agony. I pushed myself out of the chair and looked down at him. "I'm going to give you three days. Three days to have another talk with the board. Consider your options and think about the consequences. If this doesn't happen, I will kill every single person who lives in that beautiful mansion of yours."

I leaned down to his ear. "Including Aria."

・・・

I've been gone for a few days. I'm not all the way back to myself or back on here. I just needed a few days to myself and to think about certain shit.

I'm okay, and I'll always be okay. Writing has helped me in many ways, and I will never lose my passion for it.

thank you for reading, and please let me know your thoughts and opinions. If there's anything I'm doing wrong, or you guys would like to be changed let me know!