Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19

Eight months ago I had asked Reyna to go on a first date with me. Well being very busy demigods we were never able to make time to do so. Then a few weeks ago at the beginning of August I told her we could go the next day, but after being promoted to praetor things around camp had been non stop activity. It was August 18th now though, and my birthday. Jason promised me the day off, and I promised Reyna we would finally go on that date I promised her.

The day had been a normal one for the most part. I walked around camp with my family and friends and active and non active members of the legion would wish me a happy birthday since everyone knew it was today. I had asked my friends to keep it quiet, but Jason insisted since it may be my last celebrated birthday that he informed everyone and even threw a party on Saturday in my honor. I argued, but it was futile.

As the new standing praetor after about a week after Gwen's death I against my will took her house. For several reasons actually I was forced. One, Nico did a short quest to prove his worth and be able to take the position as Centurion, and since the Centurion had their own beds and space in the barrack I wasn't going to deprive my brother of it. Reyna was able to challenge Piper for her position and Piper was unable to withstand Reyna's onslaught. She has evolved into a very powerful warrior, and I wish Gwen could've been around so Reyna could've challenged her. We would never know who the strongest female demigod of our generation was. With that being said though Bianca is the prefect of the first cohort and she is becoming much stronger everyday. I truly believe that one day Nico may be as strong as Jason, they fought the other day and it was close, but Jason's swordsmanship surpassed Nico's. They are both quite the powerful demigods though according to Lady Lupa who has made more frequent appearances around the camp. I believe her and the pack are on orders of the gods to stay close to the camp just in case.

Lupa, Jason, and I had a meeting in one of the praetor houses a few days ago about Lupa's rival pack, Lycaon. He is raising more and more forces, and she fears that he will be able to challenge and defeat Lupa's pack at this rate. Once we had learned that we immediately put the Vulcan cabin in a silver building frenzy. With the help of Pluto's children we were able to summon enough to build silver swords, spears, and throwing knives, a long with arrows to be able to combat the powerful werewolf pack.

I tried to push all thoughts of the war away. Even though Camp Rome has not officially declared war, Jason and I have stayed up late at night talking about how the day would soon be coming. No matter how we truly felt about it, the time was coming.

Our Greek allies have been staying at Camp for the past two weeks. They are in daily contact with Camp Half Blood, Annabeth reported to Chiron that they were staying at her parents house while they figured out there next move. Nico and I were in the shadows while she reported this and we don't think Chiron quite bought her lie, no matter how smooth it was.

It was nice having the Greeks around for a bit. Luke got a long with the Mercury kids pretty well, it was clear the difference between Hermes and Mercury was small. Thalia and Jason spent a lot of time together which always kept smiles on my cousins face. Nico and Annabeth spend a lot of time together though they both deny it. Annabeth is about a year and a half older than Nico, but Nico is mature for his age and above the average intelligence. I don't see much of Hazel because her and Bianca are practically inseparable and always together. Hazel was telling me she was offered in a spot with Diana's hunters, but to my dismay she denied it. Bianca hinted that their may be a boy back at the Greek camp keeping her out of the hunters. I didn't want to have to kill anyone to soon, but if I have to make a trip to the Greek camp to soon, someone is going to being facing eternal punishment!

My powers are still progressing everyday. I try to push myself further and further in every element. I train twelve hours a day no matter what. Two hours before the legion gets up and two hours after. Of course there are lots of breaks in between where I have to do my duty as praetor in between, but I hardly stop for anything.