Chapter Twelve

Chapter 12

The thought of my family in the underworld never even crossed my mind. It was darkened with rage. Honestly I knew exactly where Gabe would go. Especially if the Titans had gotten their hands around his greedily little head. They would send him somewhere him and I would both know to go to... Montauk Beach. He always hated it when my mother and I went there, and one time he intruded and came a long, it was a huge insult at the time, and I cried about it for days. Of course that just added me a scar for whining, but I was not going quietly about that one.

With all this in mind I landed on the beach. It was cold as hell, and I was glad that I was dressed appropriately for this kind of occasion. I am not however in the right attire for a fight. That thought also barely crossed my mind as I walked a long the beach. The ocean slammed against the shore line as I walked, I wasn't sure if it was Neptune or I fueling this seemingly powerful storm.

I stormed up to our beach house and I looked around for signs of Gabe. To say there were signs is a small under statement. All over the interior of the house was the blood red word vengeance. I knew I had either stepped into a trap, or Gabe had gone completely crazy. Punishment can do that to a person, especially the kind my father gave to him. I searched through the house like a breach and clear kind of deal. Clearing corners, at every possible chance, there was no signs of Gabe still being here.

Suddenly my communicator went off, "Perseus report."

The voice was my father's. I answered, "Yes father?"

There was a short silence before Pluto said, "Where are you?"

I scowled, "A place known as Montauk Beach, I assume you have been made aware of the situation."

No answer, "I am sending Reyna to come and aid you. Can you give me a more exact location?"

I shook my head, "To dangerous, you can't send her out here. I think I may have stepped into a trap, but it hasn't been sprung yet. When I arrived the inside of the house it was painted in red the words vengeance." I walked over to it and touched the wall for the first time. How I had I been so stupid, "The words are in blood, mortal blood."

A heard a low cuss word go through the communicator and I didn't quite catch it, but my father yelled, "Where are you damn it? You need back up!"

"Not anymore I don't. At one point perhaps, but it will be a cold day in Tartarus when I can't defend myself from that monster anymore."

"You don't understand Perseus, there could be Titans there. The praetor is missing!"

I stopped cold at that. I stretched my senses to see if I could find Gwen, but what I found was something different. I felt a life force beginning to fade. Someone in this house was dying. I scowled, "I am sorry dad, I can't put anyone else in danger, but I do sense her, I will do my best. Contact Neptune he is the only one who can help me now. Tell him Montauk and Sally Jackson, he will know exactly where I am."

I then turned off my communicator and charged towards the direction of the cellar. I sprung down the stairs and landed with a thud. I turned to see a bleeding out Gwen tied to a chair. She was definitely unconscious and by the look of her, she may never come back around. I without hesitation stepped forward and sliced her free of her bonds. I then grabbed a hold of her bridal style and ran back up the stairs. This time though when I got there, the room was filled. Several people, all looked to be of Godly blood. I looked at Gabe in shock when I saw him in the corner grinning like a fool.

The largest man stood up, "Perseus Jackson, it is an honor to be in your presence at last, I have heard and seen great things about your future."

I drew the shadows towards me, but they were all repelled away by a more powerful force. I stared at one man in particular with shock. My eyes widened, "You must be Coeus, my father told me about you. You control the Titan side of the darkness. The Titan of the North."