Chapter Nine

Chapter 9

The senate had gathered in Camp Jupiter. We all decided to refuse answering any kinds of questions until all were present. Gwen sat on the praetor stand while Jason, Piper, Reyna, and I stood in in front of the court. She motioned Jason forward, "Why are you wearing the Praetor colors centurion Jason?"

Jason stood proudly, "I am replacing Bobby Drake the son of Heracles as the male praetor of the twelfth legion."

One of the senate shouted, "That isn't for you to decide!"

A low growl entered the room and we all whirled around to see a large wolf stalking through the center of the room. I had never seen it before, but apparently everyone else had. This led me to believe this was the infamous Lupa I had heard so much about. Everyone bowed to her except the quest members and the praetor. Lups said, "Your right it was Olympus to decide!"

Gwen looked shocked, "Lady Lupa, Olympus has never chosen a praetor before. Why now?"

Lupa stood on all fours walking stretching the muscles of a clear powerful wolf. She said, "Never had a praetor betrayed Olympus before daughter of Mars!"

The whole room went dead silent. Lupa looked at Jason, "Congratulations on your promotion praetor Grace. I have waited a long time to see this moment! I still remember the day you came to me a young pup at the age of two, I knew from the moment I met you, one day you would be praetor."

Jason gave a deep bow to Lupa respectfully, "I am glad you could be here for the event my lady."

Lupa just gave a wolfish grin showing her mighty canines, but then she turned back to the gaping senate, "Bobby Drake, son of Heracles, was a traitor. He now prepares to host the Titan Lord Saturn, if not for young Percy Jackson here, this camp would have been in ruins today." She turned to face me, "As mother of Rome, son of Pluto I thank you!"

She then did something that made everyone's jaws drop, almost including my own, she bowed. I returned her bow in respect, "I could not have done it without my praetor my lady. He stood toe to toe with the Titan Krios while I fought Atlas, it was a joint effort. Of course the two of us would've been nothing without Reyna and Piper as well, they fought bravely in the name of Rome!"

Centurion Dakota from the fifth cohort stood up, "Wait a second, can we all back up and go over this whole story one more time. I think I just heard that you fought two very powerful Titans! Clearly we missed some excitement down here!"

Gwen nodded her head, "Yes, clearly... There is a lot of explaining to do from our quest members."

She beckoned Jason and I forward and we retold the story of how we razed the black throne. By the time we finished everyone stared at me in awe. We left out the part about me being a son of Neptune, but most people kept there eyes on my scars and such which brought sadness to me. Jason said at the end, "All of us are in debt to Percy. He single handedly toppled the black throne. Defeating two Titans and our praetor. Which is why I am raising him to Centurion of the first cohort, he has certainly deserved much more than that, but that is the best I can do!"

A standing ovation went up through the room. I held a confident pose and smile. Even the quest members clapped. Honestly I was so tired I don't know if I could've clapped. I could still feel the exhaustion from the battle that took place only hours ago.

When the clapping died down my friends gave me bright smiles. Jason then relayed what happened on Olympus leaving out a lot. He really just told them that Pluto and Vesta had been brought back to the council in light of recent events and the rising Titans.

At the end of the meeting Jason and I got standard new tattoos. Piper was giving me mine and when she asked me to roll up my sleeves I grimaced. She looked at me hesitantly, but I did roll up my sleeve as she asked. Several people gasped except Reyna who just gave me a sad look. She has seen my arms before of course during the summer, and I had no scars on my legs and down so I didn't mind wearing khaki shorts or something like that. Piper looked like she might cry, but she visibly steeled her nerves and pressed down the branding device on one of my newest scars. I didn't waver at the pain as it was minor. Gwen gave Jason his tattoo and he only grimaced at the pain taking it like a man. When it was over Jason and I did our hand shake and many people stared at us in awe. I guess it wasn't to often that a son of Pluto and a son of Jupiter got a long as well as Jason and I did.