Capter Five

Chapter 5

Reyna and I awoke early the next morning to return to Camp Jupiter. The twins and my father were already up and eating breakfast in the throne room. With them was the Lady Proserpina, who was talking openly with Pluto and the twins. I smiled at the lack of hostility there was in the room. I heard rumors in the old days where my mother would go around killing or cursing the children of Pluto, but perhaps me being around has changed her ways. I can't speak for her, but I think having a child around really helped her mood out.

We didn't even have time to eat since it was already 7:00 and I knew our barrack would be awaking any moment if they were not already. I said goodbye to my family and Reyna and I shadow traveled back to Camp Jupiter.

Arriving back and leaving my family wasn't the funnest thing for Reyna or myself to do. We both groaned when we made it back to our barrack knowing we were pretty much going back to persecution. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders saying, "Don't worry. If my father is right, then I will be getting a quest today, and I think you know who I am choosing as my partner!""

She grinned at me, and refused to meet by dark green eyes and then feigned innocence, "The daughter of Venus perhaps, she seems to have eyes for you, which is funny considering she hasn't even seen your face."

I blushed and flipped my hood back on before anyone saw us. I was thankful she said something or I would've completely forgotten. That was clearly not her intention though because she frowned, "I don't like it when I can't see your eyes."

I gave her a wicked smile, "They are pretty sexy aren't they?"

She bumped me on the shoulder and laughed. We walked to our centurions who were having a light hearted conversation about breakfast. I stepped forward and addressed Jason with a slight bow, "Centurion we have returned from our mission successfully."

Jason whirled around towards me smiling, "Percy! Glad to have you back man, training with Bobby yesterday sucked without having you around to show him up!"

I laughed at this, "Oh man has Mr. Ego, gotten mightier in my absence?"

Piper shuddered clearly not remembering anything pleasant, "You have no idea! He was pretty much trying to assert dominance and flirted with half the girls in the first cohort. Including and particularly me."

Jason's eyes narrowed when he recalled the memory. I wasn't about to call him out about but I said, "Centurion can you and I have a quick moment, I would like to fill you on what happened yesterday, and the new results of our mission. Rey can you do the same for Pipes, I would like to tell Jason a few private things as well, that was discussed, you can tell Piper what ever you see fit."

She nodded and her and Piper walked away like a couple chatty Kathy's, I looked at Jason, "We can kick up your training a notch man. You don't have to bow to him, you can beat him. You could be the next Praetor."

Jason shook his head, "I am still to young, and Bobby and I may have about the same years of experience, but he is to strong. How you beat him still amazes me. If you weren't on probatio for the next 82 days, you could be praetor today pretty much."

I disagreed, "I see the way you look at Piper man, and I can see how much he bothers you when is always showing off and abusing his power. It doesn't have to be this way. Despite what you think I have seen your power. Your only discouraged because you are going against someone like me, who has a lot of elemental power. Bobby doesn't have that, and if you commit I can get you to praetor before the end of the year."

Jason looked at his watch trying to remember the date. He said it out loud quietly, but loud enough for me to hear it. It was November 30th, and in 32 days I believe I could have him prepared to challenge Bobby if he was willing to step up the training. Jason contemplated it for a few moments before saying, "If I am to be praetor then I will remove your probatio and raise you to centurion of the first cohort, I don't want that guy having any power especially a position that is going to put him and Piper together more often."