crush

i had been besties with Nick, Matt, and Chris since i was 6 years old. we had done everything together. but there was just something about Chris. he was just so cute. i loved him more than anyone else.

y/n: "hey, Matt. where's Chris?"

Matt: "oh hey, y/n. Chris is just upstairs in his room."

y/n: "oh ok. thanks."

i went upstairs to Chris's room. i knocked on his door. i waited for a response. Chris then suddenly opened the door and smiled at me when i walked into his room.

Chris: "hey, y/n! i've missed you so much!!" he said while pulling me in for a hug.

y/n: "i've missed you more! hey. can we talk about something?" i said after i pulled away from his hug. his smile faded after those words came out of my mouth.

Chris: "sure, y/n. what is it?"

y/n: "so you know how we've been friends for 13 years?"
he started turning a little bit red.

Chris: "y-yeah?" he stuttered.

y/n: "well i'm not sure if you feel the same way but" i paused. i was starting to rethink my choices. i wanted to tell him so bad about me having a crush on him, but i didn't want to embarrass myself. what if he didn't like me? it would be so awkward. the triplets probably wouldn't be my best friends anymore.

Chris: "what is it?"

y/n: "you know what? i'm just gonna say it. i like you, Chris. so much. i laugh more when i'm with you. you make me smile when we only text. you make me the happiest ever. you probably don't feel the same way about me, but it feels good to get it off my chest."

Chris just sat there looking at me. i was just waiting for him to say how embarrassing it was for me and that he would never like me. but i was wrong.

Chris: "i like you too. i've liked you for years. you make me laugh more than my own brothers do. i really really like you, y/n. i really do."

i froze. i thought i was dreaming. i couldn't believe he liked me back. my heart leaped with joy.

y/n: "y-you like me back?"

Chris: "yes. i was just so scared to tell you. i didn't know if i was going to embarrass myself."

y/n: "well you didn't. i thought the same thing if i told you i liked you."

Chris: "looks like we found another thing in common." he laughed.

y/n: "i guess so."

it was silent for a few seconds. he turned back to me.

Chris: "y/n. will you be my girlfriend?"

y/n: "omg, Chris! of course i will!"

he kissed me and then kissed my hand.

Chris: "it may be too early but, i love you"

i felt my heart flutter.

y/n: "i love you too."

we went downstairs to Matt and Nick, hand in hand. they both knew i had liked Chris, but they swore not to tell him. i'm glad they kept their promise.

Nick: "yes! i knew it! you guys are holding hands!"

Chris: "yep. we're official." he said with a smile on his face.

Matt came over and hugged us both. Nick then came and joined in. we stood there for a good few minutes until Chris took my hand and backed away from them. he kissed my hand, and we walked over to the couch. we all sat down and watched *ur fav movie*. i lay my head down on Chris's shoulder.

"i love you."

"i love you more."