" You're awake." A soft voice spoke and only then did he realise he wasn't alone. He turned to the direction and found another hooded figure, her chin only visible in the dim lighting.

      "Who are you and what do you want from me?" He asked, his voice painfully hoarse. He renewed his struggles. The person walked forward before removing her hood, revealing her face. If this was in a different scenario, he would have been surprised at the face behind the cloak but he was too worked up to try. He just stared at her, dazed.

        "I'm your closest ally." She replied, her voice unnaturally calm.

        "Ally?"

       "You probably don't know me. It's okay. You don't have to. I was the one who saved you from the soldiers." Fleurie continued.

      " I wasn't in any danger." He fired back, his eyes narrowing.

      " That's what you think. But one thing I know about King Dexter is that he doesn't let people go that easily."

      At the mention of the King's name, Nicholas froze. He snapped hah head to look at her. " Y-you know King Dexter?" He stuttered out, surprised.

       Fleurie let out a wry smile but her eyes darkened. "I was engaged to his brother once... So yes, I do know him."

      " Who are you really?" He asked, slightly intrigued.

       "I'm princess Fleurie..." She replied, but looked away. "But maybe I shouldn't go around with that title anymore since the king already stripped my father of his." She said.

     "Why did you save me?"

     " Isn't it obvious? I need your help. I've been watching you for a while now and I have discovered that maybe we do have the same goals. You do want to get revenge on the King for destroying your kingdom, do you not?" She asked.

     " I'm not getting revenge. I want to rescue my princess." Nicholas stated vehemently.

     " Whatever you say. Believe whatever you will. My point is, we both want the same thing. We've both lost precious things because of that monster and we want to get rid of him.  If you want to rescue your princess, you'll have to kill the king first." Fleurie's stated.

      She watched as the knight grew conflicted and hoped he would agree to her plans. After the king had thrown her out of the palace, she'd seen nothing but hell in her father's hands. He'd taken out all his frustrations for loosing his title and half of territory on her, giving her baseless punishments and planning to send her away to her mother's hometown. Terrified, she'd run away. She has nothing but hate for the woman who made her this way. She just wants to kill her and she may have found the perfect weapon.

     "How do I know if you're trustworthy?"

     "I stayed in the palace for quite a while before I... Left. I can help you get into the palace. I still have a few spies in there."

     "What do I have to do?"

     "Easy." She brought out a vial from a hidden pocket in the cloak she was wearing. "Find a way to pour this into the king's meal. He'll be dead in an hour or less."

    "You want me to Poison the king? That's ridiculous!"

     " It's the only way you can effectively kill him. Declaring a war will be of no use. The Madonia army is strong. I'm sure you're aware of that. By now he would have found out that your carriage has been attacked and he's already looking for you. Why don't you use this chance when he's unsettled to get rid of him? That way, we both can have what we want. This is your only chance."

     Nicholas wanted refuse, saying he wanted no part of this ridiculous plan. Once again, an image flashed in his mind and his gaze darkened. He could convince the queen while he's at it.

      "Fine. I'll do it." He grated out.

      Fleurie smiled then. An evil, devious smile. "Good decision. We begin work immediately." She said before walking out of the shack, closing the door behind leaving Nicholas to wonder just what he has gotten himself into.
.
.
.
    The information got to Madonia the next day. Dexter was with Maya when a guard came to report it to him. His expression changed instantly, turning grave.

     "What's wrong?" Maya asked, instantly worried.

      Dexter clenched his jaw, a muscle ticking in his jaw. He fell silent for so long, Maya began to think he wouldn't answer. "He didn't get to Gegoria." Dexter told Maya. It took a while for the words to register. When it did, her eyes slowly widened.

     "Why?" She asked, her heart pounding.

       He glanced at her then. "Their carriage was attacked. Someone killed the soldiers that accompanied him and he escaped. Maya stood stunned, unable to believe her ears.

         "What?!"

A/N
Sorry for the late update... School work is kicking my ass here. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Let me know your thoughts!!!
See you in the next chapter 🙈😉😉
Don't forget to vote!