15. Plot Generator (3) + I Need Advice

Once upon a time there was a brave boy called Peter Parker. He was on the way to see his Aunt May, when he decided to take a short cut through Central Park.

It wasn't long before Peter got lost. He looked around, but all he could see were trees. Nervously, he felt into his bag for his favourite toy, Iron-man, but Iron-man was nowhere to be found! Peter began to panic. He felt sure he had packed Iron-man. To make matters worse, he was starting to feel hungry.

Unexpectedly, he saw a scared puppy dressed in a red superhero suit disappearing into the trees.

"How odd!" thought Peter.

For the want of anything better to do, he decided to follow the peculiarly dressed puppy. Perhaps it could tell him the way out of the forest.

Eventually, Peter reached a clearing. He found himself surrounded by houses made from different sorts of food. There was a house made from orange slices, a house made from cookies, a house made from pancakes, a house made from toffees and a house made from pizzas.

Peter could feel his tummy rumbling. Looking at the houses did nothing to ease his hunger.

"Hello!" he called. "Is anybody there?"

Nobody replied.

Peter looked at the roof on the closest house and wondered if it would be rude to eat somebody else's chimney. Obviously it would be impolite to eat a whole house, but perhaps it would be considered acceptable to nibble the odd fixture or lick the odd fitting, in a time of need.

A cackle broke through the air, giving Peter a fright. A witch jumped into the space in front of the houses. She was carrying a cage. In that cage was Iron-man!

"Iron-man!" shouted Peter. He turned to the witch. "That's my toy!"

The witch just shrugged.

"Give Iron-man back!" cried Peter.

"Not on your nelly!" said the witch.

"At least let Iron-man out of that cage!"

Before she could reply, four scared puppies rushed in from a footpath on the other side of the clearing. Peter recognised the one in the red superhero suit that he'd seen earlier. The witch seemed to recognise him too.

"Hello big Puppy," said the witch.

"Good morning." The puppy noticed Iron-man. "Who is this?"

"That's Iron-man," explained the witch.

"Ooh! Iron-man would look lovely in my house. Give it to me!" demanded the puppy.

The witch shook her head. "Iron-man is staying with me."

"Um... Excuse me..." Peter interrupted. "Iron-man lives with me! And not in a cage!"

Big Puppy ignored him. "Is there nothing you'll trade?" he asked the witch.

The witch thought for a moment, then said, "I do like to be entertained. I'll release him to anybody who can eat a whole front door."

Big Puppy looked at the house made from pizzas and said, "No problem, I could eat an entire house made from pizzas if I wanted to."

"That's nothing," said the next puppy. "I could eat two houses."

"There's no need to show off," said the witch. Just eat one front door and I'll let you have Iron-man."

Peter watched, feeling very worried. He didn't want the witch to give Iron-man to Big Puppy. He didn't think Iron-man would like living with a scared puppy, away from his house and all his other toys.