9. The Magic Pencils

Peter swung through the air using his webs. Patrol had been relatively easy today. Since the web-slinger hadn't heard any screams and he Karen didn't alert him of any crimes, he decided to take a break on top of a building.

He took his sketch pad out of a secret pocket in his suit and kept groping in it. He had forgotten his pencil. Peter sighed in defeat. He was about to swing off, but something caught his eye, an unused pack of colored pencils.

Peter approached it and walked back to his spot. He took a closer look at the case and saw a few words scrawled on it in neat cursive.

Imagination creates reality.

Weird. Peter just shrugged it off and opened it. Inside was every color imaginable, all colors on the spectrum: mikado glaucous, and many more.

The web-slinger decided to draw a gladioli flower. They apparently were Peter's mom's favorite before she passed away. He made lines of pink, red, purple, yellow, orange, white, and green. He made pink be the most common color as it represented maternal love. Peter suddenly heard a slight pop behind him. He turned around, and there was his bouquet of flowers.

He cautiously grabbed them with his gloved hand. The flowers were solid. Peter looked at them, and they were definitely real. The only question was how. He decided to draw something else.

Peter decided to draw a churro because if his theory was correct, he would have a delicious snack. He sketched it to the best of his abilities, and once his colored pencil left the page, there was another 'POP!'.

Behind him, low and behold, a churro with chocolate sauce. Peter had been correct! Whatever he drew with these new pencils would appear. The boy munched on the churro.

After that revelation, he decided to swing back to his apartment without his flowers. He contemplated telling someone about it but decided against it, not even his friends.

Over the next few weeks, he got more and more ambitious. First, he saw a homeless family and drew a big meal then gave it to them. They smiled and thanked him, wondering if there was anything they could do for him. Eventually, he started funding the art programs at schools and many other things. The closer it came to the 1-year mark since the blip, the more donations he would make.

It was the day of the memorial, and Peter couldn't get out of bed. He stared at his ceiling, feeling empty.

Peter suddenly sat up. Could he draw Tony and have him would come back?

He decided to try and started doing one of the best sketches he had ever done. He made it hyper-realistic and made it colored to perfection. The boy made the last pencil mark and admired his work. He waited for the 'Pop!', and it came.

There, standing in front of Peter, was Tony Stark.

"Hey, Bambino."

"Dad?" Peter whispered.

"Never thought I'd see the day where you would call me anything other than Mr. Stark."

"I missed you so much!" Peter cried while running into Tony's arms.

"I missed you too. I hope you didn't get into too much trouble while I was gone."

"Never," Peter said, his voice muffled by the fabric of Tony's shirt. "We need to bring you to Morgan and Mrs. Potts! You can stay with them, and I can visit you every day! We can have a Star Wars marathon and stay up all night!"

"I'm afraid we can't do that, even though I would love to." Mr. Stark said with remorse in his voice.

"What? Why not?"

"I'm not supposed to be here, kid."

"Why not? I mean, I know you're dead, but I brought you back! You should be fine now!"

"I am for now, but after today I will disappear. Just like the churro did, but didn't notice because it was in your stomach."

"What about the bouquet?"

"You didn't bring it with you, but it also disappeared."

Peter started to cry. He had thought that he would finally be able to spend time with Tony again and work in the lab.

"It's okay, Underoos, shhhhhh."

"I-I-I thought t-that we could f-finally be a family again."

"I'm sorry, Bambi, I really am. How about we go to see Pepper and Morgan, then have a Star Wars marathon."

"O-Okay."

*****Time Skip brought to you by Jonathon the Hammer*****

"Daddy! I missed you! I kept telling Mama and Peter you would come back!" Morgan shrieked when she saw Tony.

"Hello, my little Moguna! I missed you too. You've grown so much I can barely recognize you!"

"Tony? Is that really you?" Pepper said with tears in her eyes.

"It really is, Pep."

The family was in an emotional group hug, and Peter stood awkwardly off to the side.

After a few minutes, the four of them made their way inside. Pepper asked how he came back, and Peter told her everything with Tony filling in the holes. That meant they also told her about how Tony would disappear after today. It was clear that this broke Pepper and Morgan, just as it had Peter.

"Well, then let's not waste any time." Pepper said in a quivering voice.

The close family gathered all the blankets, pillows, and snacks in the house. They snuggled up into each other and watched Star Wars movies for the rest of the day. At around 11:30, Morgan fell asleep, and just minutes later, Tony seemed to be fading away slowly. No one wanted to bring it up, as it would make it real.

By 11:50, Tony decided to wake up Morgan and say the thing everyone had been dreading.

"I'm sorry that I'm leaving you again. I would stay if I could. You guys have made me a better man, father, and husband. I will always watch over you. I love you all 3000."

"We love you 3000 too." The others said in unison.

Peter, Pepper, Morgan, and Tony all hugged until Tony faded away.

—————————————————————————

A/N

What's this? 2 updates in a day? I think I rushed the end a bit but I didn't want to lose motivation and not finish it. If you want me to rewrite the part with everyone, lemme know!