3

Francis eyes filled with wonder and his heart swelled with love when he saw Mary enter in her white dress. Lola, Greer and Kenna walked behind her dressed in lovely silver dresses. Mary smiled and made her way to Francis, her eyes never leaving his. She reached the front and the ceremony began. Soon it was over, and they made their way to the great hall where everyone was gathered. As they entered goose feathers rained from the sky and they glanced at each other sharing a fond memory of their childhood together. They began dancing and Francis stole a few kisses when the dance steps brought them close. "I'm now surer than ever." Mary said. Francis raised an eyebrow. "That it's you. It's always been you." he pulled her close and kissed her again. This time it was with a promise of what was to come.

Mary had no doubts as Francis kissed her that she would be focused on just him when the time for the consummation arrived. The idea of people watching almost made her sick, but she trusted Francis would keep her very busy. Once the dancing was over she parted from Francis to get a small morsel that would hopefully calm her stomach. Mary de Guise approached her with a small smile of victory on her face. "So apparently the messenger's news was wrong. The Queen still lives." Mary glanced at her mother. "She's alive?" Her mother nodded. "Catherine knows, but I would keep the news to yourself." she said. Then Mary's suspicions were confirmed. "You did this. To see me married." Her mother shrugged her shoulders. "The messengers news was flawed. No one could blame that on me. Or you." Mary glanced back at her mother. "Everyone needs a little push on occasion. Even Queens." She smiled. "Even France. All happiness comes with a price. Yours was with another's broken heart." Mary pursed her lips. "Sebastian..." her mother gave her a knowing look. "...will survive." Just then Greer approached. "It's time for the consummation." she said. Mary turned to her. "A moment, please." Greer nodded and walked away. Mary turned to her mother. "Get out. Get out of my life and out of France." She was angry now. "But you have all you've ever wanted." her mother said. "And more power than you." her mother gave her a surprised look. "But I'm your mother. I'm ruling Scotland for you..." Mary stepped a little closer her eyes bright with anger. "Do that. And mind me, do it well. When I return to Scotland, to our home, it will either be because you have failed, or because you are dead." Her mother stepped back, and Mary turned on her heel and walked back to Francis.

Francis stopped talking when Mary approached him a knowing smile on her face. He knew it was time then and took her by the arm he excused himself from their guests. "Will you be well enough to make it through?" he asked silently. She clung tighter to his arm and smiled. "I think I can manage. I'll be glad when we leave for our wedding tour. Then I won't have to worry about anything until we return." They reached the door to their chambers and Mary's stomach gave a little flip. She remembered when they'd first arrived back in Scotland and how she and her ladies had snuck through the castle to watch a consummation. As they entered the room Francis kept her attention on him. Moments passed, and they stood at the end of the bed ready to begin. "Just keep your eyes on me." Francis whispered. Mary gave a slight nod and closed her eyes as he began kissing her cheek then down her neck. As he continued his caresses it was easy to forget about everyone in the room.

Mary lay back onto the pillows and responded in kind to Francis' kisses and caresses. She opened her eyes for a moment to take in his handsome face and saw Bash out of the corner of her eye with a few guards surrounding him and King Henry standing there looking pleased. Francis noticed her distraction and when he saw the cause of it he captured her lips in a passionate kiss and she was lost again. She knew the sooner they came together the sooner everyone would leave, and they would have privacy. She encouraged Francis by deepening the kiss and putting her hands on his lower back. He finally gave them what they wanted, and they were officially man and wife in the eyes of men and God.