Love Is A Strange And Powerful Thing

138 - Harrenhal

"You should be fine. It isn't as bad as the other burns you have had in the past," Ben tells Visenya as he carefully applies a remedy to the burn. Visenya's nose scrunches as he does so, but she doesn't pull away her arm.

"You are lucky that it was just a burn," Rob tells her as he obverse from his spot behind Visenya. He feels like he can breathe again now that Visenya is back in the safety of Harrenhal.

The news that Aemond would be joining their side had been good, but Rob is slightly worried that the relationship between Visenya and Aemond will become strained when they are together. Rob and Ben had both been there for Visenya when she grieved for her brother, and both have different opinions on how Visenya will deal with Aemond. Ben knows the couple well enough that Visenya will not forgive Aemond for what he has done but will never leave him, that they love each other and will always be there for each other.

"We needed another dragon, and now we have two more. I would consider this a successful moment for us," Visenya tells Rob as Ben wraps her arm and hand.

"What are we?" Rob asks as he leans on the back of Visenyas chair. Ben and Visenya look at their friend, not knowing what he is asking them.

"What?" Ben asks as he gently lifts Visenya's arm.

"Well, I mean, there are the Blacks and Greens, so what are we?" Rob clarifies, and Visenya thinks for a moment.

She hasn't thought much about what they would be called. She assumes that they should continue with a colour theme but what one, Visenya, would want one that wouldn't just reflect her but the ones that have put her where she is and have been there for her? Red. The Targaryen, Blackwood, and Tully sigils all have red on them, so it would only be fit for her to go with that colour.

"Red? Red is a colour our houses all share," Visenya asks, and both men nod their heads in approval.

"How sweet of you to consider us," Ben says as he ties off the wrapping on her arm and pulls down her sleeve for her. Ben smiles down at Visenya's hand once he catches sight of Rob's face. Ben wouldn't admit it to Visenya, but the gesture warmed his heart, and he could tell from Rob's face that the Lord felt the same way.

"I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for you two," Visenya comments as she smiles at Ben's reaction. Rob clears his throat as

"How did it go with Aemond?"

"As good as you can expect it to, he killed my brother, and that is not something I can just forgive, but I love him, and he is the father of my children, so I can't just ditch him, nor do I want to," Visenya answers as she leans back into the chair, both Ben and Rob share a look with each other. "What?"

Rob sighs and moves to his seat at the table. He faces Visenya and gives her a small smile.

"They are calling him Kinslayer," Rob tells Visenya as he pushes a glass of mead towards her to soften the blow. Both he and Ben had found out about the nickname while Visenya had been away, and neither one had wanted to be the one to tell her about the news.

"Who is?" Visenya asks, staying calm. Even if she is mad at Aemond, she will not allow him to have that title.

"Everyone. Killing your own kin isn't something that is taken lightly," Rob tells her, hoping that if she does get mad, she doesn't direct it at him. Rob doesn't know the prince well, but he knows that Visenya wouldn't like people calling him that. The name might not mean a lot to someone from the Crowlands, but to the North and Riverland, it was not something taken lightly.

"I know. If you hear someone call him that, please tell them not to," Visenya tells them as she takes a second to think about this. She knows that Aemond might not understand the severity of this name, but she would not allow him to be called such by people who are loyal to her.