The Truth

138 - Somewhere In The Crownlands

Visenya keeps a tight grip on Morghons saddle, carefully flickering her gaze between Vhagar and the much bigger dragon then flies above her. She wonders what Aemond must think about the Cannibal flying close to the pair. She knows that he, too, was told stories about the dragon and his eating habits.

The few times that Vhagar had flown a little too close to Visenya and Morghon, Cannibal would fly down from his spot above them and let out a low warning sound to tell Vhagar to back off. Visenya had been surprised the first time it had happened, not thinking that that dragon would already be so protective of her, but part of her wonders if he is just doing that so he might be able to attack Vhagar and have a feast for himself.

It is clear to Visenya that Aemond wants to talk to her, she can't hear his shouts over the wind, but it seems that Vhagar and Morghon had both understand that the two Dragonriders needed to talk and were going to take them to a safe place to do so, away from both King's Landing and Dragonstone.

Visenya doesn't know what she is feeling toward Aemond. She loves him, he is the father of her children and the love of her life, but he killed Luke. Her baby brother and while the two's relationship was a bit rocky because of her leaving, they were making things better. He was her little brother, and she will never be able to watch him grow and have a family of his own.

Visenya lets go of Morghons saddle as the dragon lands in a large clearing, large enough for the three dragons Visenya worries that Cannibal might not understand that Aemond and Vhagar mean no harm or that he will even care.

Visenya takes a deep breath as she jumps down from Morghon, gently patting the dragon's neck as she gets used to standing on two feet again. The pain from the burn on her hand has only worsened, and she hopes this detour doesn't last too long. Visenya watches as Cannibal lands close to Morghon, keeping his glowing eyes trained on Vhagar in the sky.

Now, as Visenya can see the dragon in the setting sun's light, she understands that he is much larger than Vhagar. Visenya walks away from Morghon and towards the old dragon, slowly putting her hand out for him to smell. Cannibal pulls his attention away from Vhagar and towards the princess, moving his head down for her to rest her hand on. Morghon watches the two with narrow eyes and moves closer to them. Visenya rubs Cannibal's snout and mumbles some words in Valyrian to keep him calm.

The wind of Vhagar landing pulls the older dragon out of his relaxed state, and Visenya panics as she sees his throat start to glow green. Visenya quickly tells the dragon to calm down, and she prays that he listens to her.

Aemond watches his wife with a narrow eye. The whole time they had been flying together, he had been on edge because of the dragon that would swoop down from the heavens and snap at Vhagar whenever he got close enough for Visenya to hear his words.

"Ziry means daor ōdrikagon. Gīda ilagon," Visenya whispers to the older dragon as Morghon moves to greet Aemond and Vhagar.

He means no harm. Calm down.

Cannibal lowers his head back towards Visenya, but the glow from his neck tells her that he is still ready to attack Aemond and Vhagar. Morghon, on the other hand, happily bumps heads with Vhagar once he is close enough to the older dragon. Aemond watches Visenya and Cannibal as he climbs down Vhagar, who cares Morghon happily dances around her.

Visenya gives Cannibal one more pet before turning to ace Aemond. She has missed him greatly, but the anger in his stomach overshadows that. Visenya moves away from Cannibal and towards her husband, who happily smiles at her.

Aemond has missed her so much, and he knows she is mad about what happened at Storm's End. He can't help but hope that Visenya's anger is too bad.

"Visenya-"