Swords and Hammers

135 - Red Keep

Visenya and Ben had agreed to meet in the Godswood once Visenya was done visiting her grandsire, the king. Ben did not know what to do in the meantime. There would not be enough time to go back to the streets of silk or a tavern, so he thought to meet with some northern knights that would be training.

Ben felt safe with his hammer without Visenya. He could quickly kill anyone who comes at him. The war hammer is a weapon that requires incredible strength, and from a young age, Ben has been gifted with strength. Even if he is the youngest of three, no one could tell. He had always been taller than his older brother and much bigger. Like Morghon, Ben had put on a bit of weight while in the north. But if anything, the fat he had gained made him even more attractive. He did still train with Visenya and Cregan, but he got the most exercise from fucking his various lovers.

The gods built Ben, and he looked like a god on the battlefield. Paired with Visenya, the two would send fear down anyone's spine.

Ben swigs his hammer back and forward. Anyone walking by would think it was made of Valyrian and not heavy metal. As Ben walks past the couple, he gives them a wink and his best flirtatious smile. He knows that southern people are not as open to his kind of relationship, but if he doesn't shoot his shot, he will never know.

Ben exits into the training yard, and he feels the sun hit his face. He misses the bitter wind of the north and the clouds that would block out the sun. The north might be cold and grey, but it had left like home to him, and he hoped to visit Visenya. He hopes that she will want to go back after this business is finished, that they can return to their peaceful life filled with drinking, eating, fucking, and the occasional killing.

Ben looks at the crowd that has formed around two fighters. He was not interested in watching two knights poke their swords at each other. He scans the crowd and stops as he sees two dark-haired boys watching. Paired with the dragon clasps on the Strong House Blue and Targaryen Red, Ben knows who the two boys are. He moves to stand behind them, putting his hammer on his shoulder and tries to look as intimidating as possible to scare off anyone who might harm the boys.

Ben is waiting to see Aemond point his sword toward Ser Cristion's neck. He has to snuffle a laugh as he sees Ser Cristion. He can only see Ser Cristion's face when Visenya cuts off his finger. The crow around them claps, and Ben scoffs; that wasn't fueling the Prince's ego.

"Well done, my Prince," Ser Cristion praises the prince. "You'll be winning tourneys in no time,"

"I don't give a shit about tourneys," Aemond tells him. He wants to kill, not win tourneys. Aemond looks at his nephew with a chilling smile and one eye wide. "Nephews, have you come to train?"

"Maybe you pick someone you would have a chance of losing against," Ben speaks up from behind the boys. Aemond darts to Ben, and he wants nothing more than to cut the smug smile off of the knight.

Jace and Luke look behind them and are shocked at the giant of a man. The fire in his eyes makes both boys wonder why he dislikes their uncle so much. The whispers of the court started, many pointing out that he was the man Princess Visenya seemed to be so fond of. Both Ben and Aemond take a step toward each other, Ben pushing his way between the Strong boys.

"Blackwood," Aemond greets. If he is here, then Visenya is probably not far behind. Aemond is conflicted with his feelings, he wants to see her, but at the same time, he doesn't. "Maybe you join me in the ring then,"

"I wouldn't want to hurt you, My Prince," Ben mocks, dropping the hammer off his shoulder and onto the ground. The sound of it contacting the ground lets the people around them know how heavy it is.

"I hardly think that you could land a hit on me," Aemond cockly says. The year that had passed made him more confident in his fighting. He knows he could kill Ben if he wants to, but he chooses not to.

"Visenya will not be here to save you this time," Ben whispers to Aemond. He knows how to get under his skin. The sinister look in the prince's eye makes Ben regret his words. He seems more unstable since Visenya has left.

"Ser Blackwood, I think it would be best for you to leave," Ser Cristion interrupts before one of the men snaps and kills the other. Ben looks at Ser Cristion and smiles at him, moving his body to the knight. Ser Cristion tightens his grip on Morningstar, the chain rattles, and Ben can only hope the knight hits him.

"Come on, Cole. Put a hand on me. Visenya has been dying to kill you," Ben tells the man. Ben looks to Aemond before saying. "She talks in her sleep about how much she wants to,"

Aemond grip tightens, but as the training yard gates open, it pulls everyone's attention. Aemond smirks as Vaemond Velaryon enters. Hightower knights guard him, and his head held high. Ben cannot help but think how funny how little features the Strong boys or Visenya share with the Velaryons, no wonder the Driftmark throne was being fought over. Ben looks to Aemond before bowing his head down and leaving to talk to some northern knights huddled together in the opposite corner.

Ben is okay with being the bigger man. Both figuratively and literally. He has nothing to prove to Aemond; he knows he is better at fighting and that he could crush him like a bug. Aemond needs to prove to himself that he is the better man. He wants to kill Ben. Feed him to Vhagar. Watch him die a painful death.

Jace and Luke look at each other before following Ben. Who is he, and why does he know Visenya?

"You know our sister?" Jace asks, and Ben stops walking.

"Princess Visenya," Luke clarifies, and Ben looks down at the two boys. He knows Jace is a year younger than him, yet he is nowhere near the same height as Ben.

"I do. We met in the Iron Islands," Ben answers. Visenya had told him all about her brothers and different stories about their youth together. The two boys might not know Ben, but Ben knows them.

"Is she here," Jace asks. He wants to see his baby sister again, to hug her and tell her how much he has missed her. To ask why she fled to the north instead of coming to Dragonstone.

"No, she just let me take Morghon for a ride," Ben jokes. He had once tried to convince Visenya to allow him to ride Morghon alone, but Visenya threatened to cut off his balls if he even tried. Now Ben resorts to teasing the dragon. Ben watches Jace, and Luke's face turns. "That was a joke. Yes, she is,"

"Where?" Luke asks. He might resent Visenya for leaving, but he still misses her.

"I think she is meeting with the King, or she might be going to see Princess Rhaenys. She was the one who had asked for Visenya to come to King's Landing," Ben answers. He knows precisely where Visenya is, but he knows that she would want to see her brothers when she is ready.

"Does she intend to support her claim?" Luke asks, now worried. What if Visenya sides with Rhaenys? Would the king support his favourite grandchild or one he is not close with?

"No," Ben tells him. He knows that Visenya intends to support Luke's claim. "If you have questions, I think that Visenya would be better suited to answer them,"

Ben bows his head to the princes before walking to the northern knights. He needs to know what tavern and brothels to avoid tonight.   

The Fire That Burns Within US - Aemond Targaryenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें