I Am Sorry

135 AC - King's Landing

King's Landing had always smelled like piss and shit. But compared to the clean air of the north, the air of King's Landing almost made Visenya gag when they had landed at the dragonpit. She had not told anybody that she was coming to support her brother, so no one was there to greet them when they landed Morghon. With his new added weight, Visenya could swear that the ground shook as he landed, and Visenya was quick to rub his neck and tell him that he was a good boy. Visenya did not want anyone to know she had arrived yet, and she knew that when the word spread that she had come, she would be bombarded by her family and not have any time to do the things she needed in the city.

In the daylight, the street of silk did not have the same lour and mystery as it did at night. This time around, Visenya does not wear a hood, and she lets Ben chat with the ladies and men on the street. Both know where they are headed, and as much as Ben wants to venture away from Visenya and her mission, he needs to keep her safe. They did not knock this time around. Visenya just opened the door and went into the whore house. It seems just as busy as the night they had first been there, but Visenya keeps her head high and is on her way to the back of the house. Again Visenya walks into the room as if she owns it. Closing the door being her and not letting Ben in with her.

In the daylight, it does not seem so scary. Sunlight floods into Alys's room, and the woman sits at the table. Same long black silk hair, and she wears a dark green dress. Visenya notices the lack of the dragon belt buckle on the women. Alys stands up once she sees that Visenya is the one to barge into her room, offering her a pleading smile not to hurt her.

Visenya quickly puts her hands in the air, showing Alys that she does not mean to hurt her. Doing a quick scan of the room before looking back to Alys.

"I am not going to hurt you," Visenya tells her. She knows Alys might not trust her and wouldn't if she were her, but Visenya does not mean any harm during this visit.

"What do you want then?" Alys asks, still unsure of why the princess is here. Why would she come beside to kill Alys for her relationship with Aemond?

Visenya slowly moves her hand down to one of the small bags attached to her belt, careful to keep the other in the air. Visenya takes out a small jar and sets it down on the table.

"This will heal the scar I left on you," Visenya tells her; she does not mean any harm. "Lady Stark made it, and I have been using it on a few of my bad scars. It has fully gotten rid of the one on my shoulder and hip,"

Alys grabs the jar off the table, opens it and smells it. She wants to ensure that it is not poison, but she feels that Visenya would use pure violence rather than clean poison. If Visenya had told Alys that Ben made the cream, then she would not take it, the man might think he could use his knowledge of the first men to make creams and medicine, but Alys knows better. He knows that he can make mistakes.

"Why?" Alys asks. Why would Visenya show kindness to her?

"I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you. It was wrong for me to cut you, so I am trying to make up for it," Visenya answers. It was the truth. "If you'd rather me leave and take that with me, then I will,"

Alys shakes her head, believing the princess. Visenya lowers her hands and offers Alys a smile before turning to the door.

"I am sorry for everything," Alys tells her, and Visenya stops in her tracks. "For sleeping with Aemond and for your loss,"

Visenya feels her heart stop. Alys could be talking about many different people that Visenya has lost. Her father. Her brother's father. Her aunt. Or maybe Lord Corlys had died, and the witch somehow knew. Or maybe Alys knows something she shouldn't, something only three people alive knows. Visenya turns around to look at the woman, giving her a look of confusion.

"I could feel your pain as it happened—your screams and cries. I am deeply sorry, My Princess. No woman should go through that," Alys clarifies, and Visenya feels her heart drop.

Alys shouldn't know. No one should understand besides Ben, Alysanne, and herself; if Alys knows, then who has she told? Did she tell Aemond? Or maybe she intends to use it as blackmail.

Visenya nods to Alys and leaves the room. Ben is waiting outside the door, and he offers Visenya a smile as she exits. Visenya does not want Ben to know about Alys, knowing she musters up the best smile and offers her arm to Ben.

The two leave the whore house and go to the Red Keep. Visenya needs to keep herself together right now, and she can not let anyone else know what happened. She needs to stay strong for her brother and her mother.