You squinted your eyebrow. So I'm not the only one? You stated in your mind. 

"I see..." was all that you could say. You could feel Kaito glance at you. 

"You must think I'm talking nonsense again." He stated. You eye-widened and quickly shook your head.

"What would you even think that?" you asked him, feeling a bit hurt by his accusation. 

"Cause even my parents thought I was talking nonsense...when I said I see images of a group of people and how we were very close." Kaito explained. 

"I believe you." you stated. Kaito looked into your eyes and could sense the sincerity.

"I believe you, Kaito. Because I'm also sensing that emptiness. So I understand what you mean." you explained to him. 

"You as well?" Kaito asked in surprised, you just nodded. 

Flashback

One day, you were rushing to the new established venue so you didn't look at where you were heading. You suddenly bump into someone. 

"Itaaa." you yelled as you fell flat on your bottom. 

"Gomenasai! Dajobu?" the person who you've accidentally bumped into reach out their hand. 

You shook your head, "I'm okay. Gomen. It's my fault." you told them, grabbing their hand. 

"No, it was my fault as well. I wasn't paying attention." the male stated. He scratched his head and smile sheepishly. 

"Then we're both at fault. No one has owe the other an apology." you teased back, trying to break the awkwardness. 

He chuckled. He extended his hand one more time, "My name is Kaito. Nice to meet you."

"I'm Y/N. The pleasure is mine." You smiled back. But before the conversation could continue, your phone rang and you quickly answered it. 

"Hai Hai. I'm on my way," you stated, you turned to Kaito and quickly bowed, "Gomen, I have to go now." 

"Ah no worries, me too!" Kaito stated. You both went your way, without knowing that you would soon meet again. As you dashed towards the venue, a memory flooded in your mind. The scene earlier somehow was reportrayed with a blurry memory of another person. Someone in dark purple gothic-looking dress. 

You quickly shook your head, trying to shake that blurry scenes out of your mind.

End of flashback

"It's like everything that happen, seem like a deja vu but not really." you told Kaito about when you guys first meet. 

"A guy in dark purple gothic-looking dress?" Kaito asked. 

You nodded. "I don't why...but I feel like he's someone I should remember. But I can't for some reason. It's like there's a barrier that stopped me." 

Kaito just sighed, feeling guilty for accusing you earlier. 

"By the way, how's your parents?" Kaito asked.

"Huh? Why so sudden?" you laughed, sensing he purposely wanted to change the topics. 

"They're fine. They called me yesterday, saying that they met a samurai ninja at the Effiel Tower." you answered nonchalantly. 

"A samurai ninja?" Kaito asked. 

"Yeh. Can you believe it?" You laughed. 

"They have the wildest description vocabulary bank. No wonder their daughter is the same." Kaito complimented. You furrowed your eyebrow. 

"Yah! What do you mean?" you pretended to be offended. Although you and Kaito only known each other a short time, he knew you were just acting. 

"I'm just teasing, you know that." he stated. 

"I know, I know." you laughed. 

"Don't you have work today though?" Kaito asked. 

"Well...I was supposed to be at the venue, but a troublemaker stopped me from going there. So I called the venue and asked them to send the finalize plan because an emergency came up." you smirked. 

"Hey, what troublemaker? I don't know what you mean." he huffed. Both of you burst into laughter. 

Eventually, another silence engulfed both as you just stared at the pond. 

"I hope those blurry memories or empty feelings is just a blur of the moment." you sighed. 

"Why though?" Kaito asked. 

"I don't want things to change. Somehow. I feel so happy right now, having my parents around, my career going well and being able to meet you and your family." you stated. 

"I feel like those blurry memories...will be something scary. I feel like if I reach out further to seize it, I will regret my decision." you stuttered, trying to not let tears fall out. 

Kaito could feel you were shaking. He reached out a hand and placed it on top of yours. "It's okay, Y/N. I understand what you mean. But what if those blurry memories contain a secret that we need to resolve. A secret that could help the world become a better place. Don't you want to figure it out?"

You turned to look at him, removing your hand out of his touch and wiping your own tears. 

"I guess so." Your eyes looked up at the sky above as the wind blow a soft melody. 

What behind those actual blurred images? Who are you? The one who kept calling me 'not to do anything stupid'. I wish I could remember you. But once I remembered you and the truth prevais, will I regret my decision?

TBC...

Sorry for the long wait! I finally finished my exams and is on my winter break. Hence, I will try to update as much as possible. But of course, I don't want to spend hours in front of my laptop [I already had enough of it when looking at study guides and writing papers xD] 

I hope this chapter didn't bored anyone out. And before any accusations being thrown, Kaito x Y/N relationship is purely platonic. But in this recreated world, you could see Y/N's life is a lot better as she has her parents by her side and a newly developed friendship with Kaito and his family. 

Next chapter, I want to focus on Stacey's side as he is trapped in his world without being able to escape that barriers set up by Kami-sama. So Stay Tune! 

Til' next time, 

Adieu~~~