When A Hero Falls

Kara sat at her desk typing furiously. Going through several reports, scribbling several notes in folders,"Damn it," She cursed when her pencil snapped.

Opening her drawer there were dozens of packs of pencils.

She sharpened it and went back to work.

"I have a feeling that something is bothering you," Cat Grant said, stepping into her office.

"Miss Grant," Kara said, going to stand up.

Cat snapped her fingers, pointing back down, and Kara obediently sat back down.

"I didn't know you were back in town already," Kara said.

"Yes, well, not all of us can fly across the world in seconds, but we manage," Cat said, sitting down in the seat across from Kara's,"Do I need to be concerned?"

"No, Miss Grant. I am perfectly fine."

"Kira, you cursed. That's not normal for you."

"I am fine," Kara said again, going back to her computer, typing,"I am fine. I'm fine."

The keyboard broke into pieces.

"Yes. I can see that."

Kara shook her head, throwing that keyboard away and reaching down she opened the bottom drawer of her desk where there were multiple spare keyboards.

"Do you wish to explain what's going on or will you break the rest of my building?"

Kara sighed, leaning back in her chair,"Have you ever met someone so frustrating that you just want to flatten a mountain?"

"Many many times," Cat replied,"But I think this is the first time you've ever encountered something like this. It's rather satisfying to know you feel the full emotional spectrum. Who is he?"

"I don't know," Kara said,"That's part of the reason why he's so frustrating."

"Is he attractive?"

"Yes--I mean, no. Why does that matter?"

"Kira, according to my calculations, you haven't experienced any contact of the romantic variety since...what was his name?"

"Mon-El," Kara mumbled.

"Well...You might be a Supergirl, but you're still a girl. A girl who has needs."

"Huh?"

Cat looked at her, annoyed.

Kara sat up, realizing what Cat finally meant,"Miss Grant," She whispered, like she was just told that the world would end and she couldn't do anything about it.

"Do Kryptonians not feel sexual attraction?"

"I do. But, I'm fine. I don't need se...That. Besides, I'm way too busy. I mean, being Supergirl, my job here."

"Of course," Cat said, standing up,"Way too busy."

Kara nodded in agreement,"Yes."

"You're Supergirl."

"Yes, I am."

"You're a hero. What else do you need?"

"That's right."

"A word of advice for your frustrating stranger. A little womanly charm can go a long way."

Kara blushed, making Cat smirk, walking out of the office.

Kara's head fell forward hitting the desk and making a dent in it,"Seriously?" She grumbled.

. . .