Chapter 9 - Family

"Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life."

—Lisa Weed

INSIDE the car, no one said a thing while Pavlo was driving quietly

INSIDE the car, no one said a thing while Pavlo was driving quietly. He sometimes throws glances at the younger who is too focused on his phone chatting with their friends with Naya sleeping peacefully on his lap.

Vester never dares to glance back as he has an agenda of ignoring him the whole day. Though the reason is kind of shallow, he sometimes wanted to be sappy at times because truth be told, they rarely fight.

Pavlo hates it when they fight and so as him. In the end, they will end up in each other's arms, making out—err, making up and talking about where they went wrong. They will both laugh at it and make fun of each other which eventually turns into another phase of flirting.

Though Vester is not upset with the man in the driver's seat, he kind of wanted to be a handful to him today. His sassiness won't hurt that much. Mind you, he's having a hard time not talking to the older.

Usually, he's the talkative one but because of their little incident thirty minutes ago wherein Pavlo accidentally yells at Naya when he almost tripped had he not gained his balance, for a reason, Vester's blood boils.

He knows Pavlo didn't intend to yell at his poor baby for always getting into his way when he's hurrying but he found this as a brilliant idea to play tricks on him. It may be immature from someone's perspective, but he shrugged it off.

Several times, his husband tried his best to initiate a conversation but all were just plainly ignored by him. Pavlo sighed and for the eighth time he said, "Tey..."

Blank.

Vester almost gave in since Pavlo's voice cracked a little. He felt a little guilt crippled into his skin upon throwing his eyes at the other man. Pavlo's puffy and worried eyes greeted him. "Baby, sorry na."

He wanted to say something but he keep mum, snarling at himself. He listened to his husband instead while he's petting Naya's head. "Hindi ko naman sinasadyang sigawan si Naya. Of course, I love her and she's important to me. I'm sorry. Pangako, hindi na mauulit."

He sighs, reaching for the other man's bare hand and entwines their fingers together. He smiled thoughtfully. Pavlo's face softened. "Hindi ka na ba galit?"

Vester shakes his head. "Hindi naman talaga ako galit. Trip ko lang na hindi ka pansinin."

Pavlo pouted and then sniffed after. "You're a mean strawberry, Sir Nabbe!"

"Oh... I see that," he said while grinning.

Pavlo have rolled his eyes. "Nag-iisip na ako ng maraming paraan para lang mapatawad mo ako tapos hindi ka naman pala galit? Nakakawala ka naman ng angas, Tey."