Chapter 8 - Dancing With You

"You lift my feet off the ground, you spin me around. You make me crazier, crazier. Feels like I'm falling and I, I'm lost in your eyes. You make me crazier, crazier, crazier."

—Taylor Swift, Crazier

THE whole house smelled of gingerbread cookies

THE whole house smelled of gingerbread cookies. The two trays are now cooled and Pavlo's doing the frosting while Vester wipes his damp face with a towel that was once covered in flour because of his husband's doing.

Like a child, they're having a hard time baking because they may or may not have flirted with each other, laughing and giggling along with the Christmas song playing in the background. They're not in love. They're just so in love with each other.

After a second, he put the last batch in the oven before helping Pavlo in the frosting. One of his favorites is baking and he's glad that sometimes, Pavlo is there beside him, helping him out with the best that he can.

The older was even too delighted after he told him that soon, he would be opening a café. He's blessed with people who always have his back. Joseph and Jallen are kind enough to help him with his preparation while his husband is too busy to help him out.

He is smiling like an idiot while decorating the bell-shaped cookie and that didn't go unnoticed by the silent man beside him. "Pwedeng malaman kung ano ang dahilan ng mga ngiting iyan? Ang ganda kasi. Curious lang."

He turned to him, smiling. "Sino dapat kasi ang tanong mo."

Pavlo chuckles, "Okay. Sino kaya?"

"May magandang lalaki kasi sa kusina ko," he said, still focusing on his frosting.

Pavlo snorts, "Oh? Maganda talaga? Hindi ba pwedeng pogi."

"Kind of but he's the best." He turns to him and then laughs at Pavlo's floured face.

"And you're the best." Pavlo winked, tugging his waist closer.

He tried to resist the older but his wiggles only stretched Pavlo's biceps more. He frowned at him. "Don't."

A soft laugh came from Pavlo's lips. "What?"

"Huwag mo ngang ilapit ang mukha mo sa'kin, Ampao. May harina ka pa!" He tried his best to dodge his face away but still, the ever playful Pavlo still brushed his floured cheeks to his. "Argh! I hate you! Kakahilamos ko lang. You're so mean!"

"Such a baby, Sir. I can wash your face for you." He ran his fingers into the younger's scalp, applying gentle pressure on it. He slightly groaned as he squeezed his eyes. "Feeling good, baby?"

He nods, "Ugh, yes."

Pavlo kissed his cheeks. "Seriously, you're exhausted. Magpahinga ka na muna. Ako na ang bahala rito. Kaya ko na 'to. Ako na rin ang bahala sa dinner mamaya. I'll cook kare-kare with lots of peanuts for you."