Chapter 5 - Tick Tock

"What happens is that with difficult processes on a film, they get very intensely compressed because a clock is ticking."

— Kenneth Branagh

PAVLO is on a three-day promotional tour around Visayas and Mindanao

PAVLO is on a three-day promotional tour around Visayas and Mindanao. Vester is supposed to accompany him had not Joseph called them for a dance rehearsal for the upcoming Holiday Carnival.

Luckily, his husband's homecoming is set today. He was planning to fetch him from the airport yet the latter refused saying he didn't want his baby to get tired and instead asked him politely if he could make him a delicious lunch.

"Sige ba. Ano ba'ng gusto mong lunch?" he asked while rummaging his pantry.

"Ikaw," Pavlo responded.

He cleared his throat. "P-Pagkain kasi, Mr. Grinch!"

He heard him laugh softly. "What I mean is ikaw ang bahala. Ikaw ah... ano na naman 'yang nasa isip mo?"

"Hmp! Ewan ko sa'yo!" he scoffs, face are flushed. "Ginataang langka, you want?"

"Baby, I'm drooling. I want to go home to you badly." Pavlo sniffed. "Miss ko na ang mga luto mo."

He doesn't know how much he could blush and how long his heart will swell. Not that he minded it because if it is his husband's doing, he will never complain. "Awww... how about me? Don't you miss me?"

"Sobra. Lagi naman. Wait for me. I'll be there before you know it. Tinatawag na kami. Talk to you later pagdating ko ng airport. Love you," Pavlo bade.

He smiles cheekily, wishing he could touch him. "Love you and I miss you so much na. Ingat ikaw, ha? Pray before ka sumampa sa plane. Hihintayin kita."

12:58 PM.

It's raining hard and the sky is too dark. No sign of Pavlo. No texts. No calls. It's not-so-Pavlo at all because no matter what, his husband always responds to him whether it's late or on time.

He's freaking out. Tobi's not answering either. Not even the staff and the whole team in Pavlo's out-of-town tour. "Tang*na!"

01:05 PM.

He got nothing. He will not sit and chill on his couch knowing that he can't reach his husband. He called the possible people whom he thought could help but to his disappointment, no one could pinpoint where Pavlo was and what had happened to him. He couldn't call his family at the moment, worrying that they might freak out too.

01:10 PM.

He started crying when he couldn't reach Pavlo's phone. He nibbles his lips as he tries to relax his nerves but his hammering heart can't even make him rest. Not even his ragged thoughts.

It's scaring him. There are a lot of things running into his mind right now. He couldn't stand it alone. With glassy eyes and quivering hands, he dialed Keir's number.