Chapter 32 Queens Thoughts

Start from the beginning

He placed his hand on my cheek so gently I leaned in to it begging for him not to remove it. The feeling of Butterflies flooding my stomach hit me. It was the first time he ever broke my personal space boundary. My face was just inches from his. Placing my hand on his chest I could feel how fast his heart was beating. I didn't understand the sudden change in both of us but I didn't want to fight it. Even in this short interaction it was more then I had ever received from Silas. The way Peter looked at me, the way he touched me. Silas would never be able to give me this feeling.

Brining his lips down he just barely brushed them with mine. It wasn't a full kiss but it was enough to send lust spiraling through my veins. I wanted more. I didn't want him to stop. I wanted him in ways I have never wanted my husband. But all of a sudden he pulled away from me. I opened my eyes in time to see him start sprinting down the hallway.I stood completely stunned of not only the site of him running away from me but at the lingering feeling of his lips so near mine.

Just as quickly as the atmosphere had changed around us I could feel it fading back to normal. The heat and passion blowing away like the snow and wind outside. I heard a gasp to my right and I turned to find Jasmine who looked just as shocked as me.

"I.....do not know what just happened." I spoke my thoughts out loud.

"Neither do I." Jasmine replied she looked puzzled and almost disappointed. I wondered if her response meant she wouldn't tell anyone but her expression made me think she meant something else.

"I know you have not known me for very long....but can I request that you do not speak of this to anyone." I said in a hushed tone.

She seemed to snap out of her thoughts at my words. "Of course my Queen it is none of my business."

I sighed in relief still trying to shake the desire that hung on to me for him. "You look so different now that you've had a bath....I don't mean that in a rude way....that came off rude I'm sorry...I just meant....all those layers of dirt hid how truly beautiful you are."

Jasmine looked at me again as if she was confused and then a slow smile spread across her face. She had beautiful dark hair and pale skin with dark eyes. "Thank you my Queen that is a great compliment coming from you."

"Is your room okay? Are you comfortable?" I asked

"It's perfect. The nicest room I have ever been given." Jasmine said with a bright smile.

"Jasmine....you said you aren't from around here. Where are you from?" I asked hesitantantly.

I watched the smile fade from her face and immediately regretted asking. "I have no home."

"I'm sorry to hear tbat..." sadness filled my voice. "Well this is your home now. You are welcome to come and go as you please."

Jasmine looked at me with a blank expression. "Thank you your majesty I have never had such an offer."

"I can't imagine why. You are lovely." I replied. "It's nice to have another woman here." Before either of us could reply I was knocked to the ground by a very frantic Rosemary.

"Ah! I'm so sorry Thea I did not see you !" She said scrambling to her feet and helping me back up. "Did I hurt you??"

"No." I laughed rubbing my backside where it hit the floor. "Jasmine this is Princess Rosemary. She is the youngest sister to King Silas."

Jasmine bowed to the floor as low as she could. "It's an honor to meet you your majesty."

"Thank you but the bowing isn't necessary." Rosemary's soft voice stated.

"What has you so frantic ?" I asked.

"Have you seen Silas ?" She blurted out in a stressed tone.

"Um...I believe he went to go check on Fiona." I said eyeing her. "Is there something I can help you with ?"

Rosemary glanced around the hallway nervously and then looked at Jasmine as if she was worried. "Ahhhhh....no thank you." She took off down the hall as fast as a walk would allow.

"Do excuse me Jasmine." I said looking after her. "I must go check on her."

"I think that's a good idea. I have a younger sister and I recognize that look. Something's up."Jasmine nodded.

I offered a smile but as I was walking away I couldn't help but wonder how a girl with no home had family. There was definitely more to her story but the way Rosemary was so frantic took the center of my attention.

I lost track of her and grew frustrated after a half hour of searching I gave up. What was that teen up to ? Was she in trouble ? I sighed and rounded the corner. My wondering had lead me to the hallway that contained Fiona's room. Freezing in place I was unable to move. All of her threats and sneaking in and out of my room just to frighten me made me want to turn around. But I promised myself I would be a good Queen and a good sister in law. Taking a deep breath I approached her room but stopped short. I could hear King Silas talking.

Hiding behind her door I peered through the crack to see him holding the baby. A smile was plastered on to his face and paced peacefully across the floor. "He has my eyes." He said.

"I think he has your nose too." Fiona replied.

"His face is definitely shaped like you though." Silas replied.

"He is a perfect mix of the two of us." Fiona laughed.

It took a few moments for me to register their words. I sunk to the floor my hand cupping my mouth so tightly so that my heavy breathing could not be heard. I felt the last ounce of my heart for Silas shatter into a million pieces. His eyes, his nose her face....Fiona gave birth to a perfectly healthy boy.....an Heir that would bring another great country into our alliance forever......A male blood line.....My husbands male blood line.....she gave birth to my kingdoms first born male royal.....Silas's first born male son.....and was passing it off as another kings baby. Not only did I have to endure watching my husband fuck his sister..... but now I had to pretend that I didn't know Fiona just took the last thing i ever wanted from the marriage.