Chapter 14 Fionas Thoughts

The night air was cold and damp. I glanced up to the castle walls and was pleased to see most of the candles had been put out. Pulling my hood over my head I made my way into town. Just at the edge of the village was my destination. A small black shake that looked as if it would blow over with the wind at any moment.

I knower three times and swiped my hand across the door. It slid open several moments later and a hand extended out. I dropped a bag full of coins in it and the door slid shut. I sighed annoyed they did not trust me it was all there. A few minutes passed and the door reopened.

"Queen Fiona please come in." A gruff voice replied.

"We have much to discuss." I said in a shifty tone.

"We did as you asked. Killed 5 of the kings men who did not have family and staked them up along the road." The village butcher said nervously.

"I heard. And I was pleased. But I am back for another request." I stated.

"Another ?!" He said.

"Yes. In order for my brother to get his head out of his ass before it's served on a platter I need him to be in fear. Fear for our family. I need him to think that his kingdom is turning on him," I glanced around the dirty dimly lit room, animal carcasses hung awaiting their butcher.

"Your last incident did rile up a small group against his reign....aren't you fearful that another might caught actual problems?" The butcher said crossing his arms across his burly chest.

I tossed another bag of coins on his table, "that's for me to worry about. You just do what I pay you for." He nodded angrily. "I have other business in town. I trust you'll get it done ?"

"As you wish." The butcher opened the door for me and I exited back out into the cold dark night.

My baby kicked within my womb causing my to grip my stomach. I stood until it settled. I was running out of time. My brother would ship us off as soon as this baby was here. I could only hope it was a boy. So he would look upon his sons face and not let him leave. I pray he would love this baby and not send me back to that terrible place. I after all just delivered him another army and country. He will forgive me. I did what I had to do to protect him and myself. It's what I have always done.