Hook didn't look like he was buying Mr Gold's story and interrupted. "Only if there's something in it for you. Right, mate?"

"Yeah, well, that may have been true once. But recently my life has been... Turned upside down. I've lost a son." He looked to Belle. "I've gained a wife. So you might say... I've decided to turn over a new leaf."

"Don't forget about my super power," Emma reminded him. "I'll be able to tell if you're lying."

"How about I do you one better? Let's simply have Belle use the dagger on me."

Belle looked shocked at Mr. Gold's demand, and stepped forward, taking a hold of his hand, and she stammered, "No. No. Rumple, you don't... you don't have to do that."

Mr. Gold was insistent to prove that he was innocent. "No, no, no. Miss Swan wants proof. And I'm happy to cooperate."

Belle sighed. "Fine." She gave in, opened her bag and pulled out her dagger. The others watched as she turned to face Mr. Gold and raised it. "I command you, Dark One... To tell them the truth."

"The truth is..." he paused momentarily, "just as I said. I had no idea there was someone inside there. I know nothing about Elsa. Or her sister. But I wish you best of luck finding her."

ARENDELLE - PAST - CASTLE - NIGHT

The castle's windows were lit.

INT. CASTLE - MAIN ROOM

Elsa was pacing worriedly as she learned that Anna hadn't been sighted or heard from. Kristoff was casually holding onto a chair, remaining calm.

"So, no one has heard from Anna?" Elsa asked. "There's been no sightings from any of the scouts?"

"Since you asked me ten seconds ago? Nope," Kristoff replied. "She's going be fine. I've seen Anna fight wolves and snow monsters and that idiot from the Southern Isles."

"Hans?"

Kristoff clearly didn't like hearing Hans' name. "Whatever his name is. Look, the point is she can take care of herself, so stop worrying."

"Well, I can't just sit here. I'm going after her."

"She told me you'd try that and she told me to stop you."

"Well, you can't. I'm the queen."

"Which is exactly why you need to stay in Arendelle, as you told her." Elsa froze and looked at him, stopping her attempt to leave. "Yep. Anna was right. Logic and reason do work on you. Right now, your kingdom needs you more than Anna."

"She knows me too well."

"It's not hard to see. You're a softy. Beneath that "oh, baby, I'm the queen" thing."

Elsa tried not to crack a smile. "Why is it your compliments are so aggravating?"

"Well, I start out that way, but you'll warm up to me."

A guard entered without knocking, and it was clear he had important news. "Your majesty. I apologize for barging in like this, but we have news from one of our scouts."

Elsa, hopeful, asked, "Have you found Anna?"

"No. But they discovered something else in their search." He handed Elsa a leather wrapped piece of parchment.

Elsa read what was on the parchment and her demeanor quickly changed.

Kristoff sensed her change in mood and questioned, "What does it say?"