28| my lucky pair of thongs

Mulai dari awal

"This will all blow over with time. I called Mars, he's already doing everything he can to take down the website as well as everyone involved in this"

She knew who was involved all right. The pictures were taken at the precise time they kissed, an unknown website posting a cruel twisted version of her life. She knew it was him and she couldn't believe it up until now.

"It's Jace. H-he did this", she stuttered gazing away at space.

If Olivia was shocked, she did a great job of hiding it.

"Jess I don't think Jace could have done-", Olivia started but Jessica placed her feet on the carpeted floor rising.

"You don't get it. I-I rejected his proposal. I broke up with him. I told him I loved Seth and this", she pointed at her laptop pulling the edges of her knitted sweater to her palms," he did it for revenge. He's a bastard. Seth I--he'll never want to be near me again. I ruined his name with my--fucked up relationship with Jace. Olivia I-lost him. I lost him again"

"Hey? Hey, deep breaths", she instructed but the last thing that would calm her nerves was deep breathing.

"He won't want me after this", she said this time her eyes widening with fear as the unshed tears cascaded the more down her cheeks," it's over before it even began"

Olivia stood up from the ground, rushing to Jessica.

"I'm not yet caught up with what's happening between you and Seth or your supposed breakup with Jace but I can see it in your eyes. You love him so much that you are willing to overlook all the nasty things written there about you and wonder how he's doing.

Jess, in my experience, this type of love is never one-sided. I can bet my lucky pair of thongs that he's just as worried as you are about him"

"Really?"

"Yes. And there's only one way of resolving this, you have to go see him. Explain everything", Olivia urged more wiping her tears from her soggy cheeks.

"W-what if-"

"He whats? Fails to listen? Please. I've watched both of you at parties and it's enough to know that Seth always has time to listen to you. Even if most of the time, it's pure insults you are throwing his way"

Jessica stood there watching Olivia give her the famous eye rise brow like that of Dwayne Johnson. She was right though. She had to talk to Seth, and explain everything before he jumped to conclusions.

Giving her friend a well-deserved hug, she took quick steps to her bedroom only to stop midway.

"Wait you don't wear thongs, Olivia"

"What?"

"You just said you bet your lucky pair of thongs that Seth is worried-"

"You are wasting time, Jess", Olivia interrupted sharply.

.....

Olivia would laugh if she saw her dresser at the moment. For a woman who wore flashy clothes and designer clothes for photoshoots, she sure had the ugliest clothes in her dresser.

She debated on whether to wear the high waist rugged jeans and a nice tee or settle for the floral dress that she once wore on her grandmother's birthday. But was wearing a floral dress appropriate for the occasion?

She was going to have a little nice chat with Seth not go on a date, for God's sake. Though going on a date with him wouldn't be so bad as she thought about it. She could imagine it now, candle-lit dinner, Seth looking as handsome as ever as they talked or danced the night away.