Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Foolish Rich Friend

Zacznij od początku

"We're here! We're here!" Nendo grinned. You smiled in return and held out a hand for Kusuo.

"Huh?" He looked up.

"Take my hand, loser." His soft palm was placed into your own as you guided the two of you off the bus and onto the busy street. Nendo and Aiura looked in front of the restaurant; drool running down their faces.

"Everyone ready?" You asked, rubbing your thumb over Kusuo's knuckles comfortingly. The two idiots nodded vigorously nearly foaming at their mouths from excitement.

Smiling, you looked back at Kusuo.

"She's touching me! She's touching me! She's touching me! She's touching me! She's touching me! She's touching-"

The sudden jerk on his arm broke him out of his increasingly aggressive love.

"Ah, hello! Table for four please." You spoke calmly, pulling the blushing boy closer to your side.

"Of course," the waiter nodded, picking up a few menus. "And are there any couples? We have a discount of 40 percent off to spread the word about our new wine."

"He and I are." You nodded, showing your connected hands.

"Alright, is there any proof of a relationship? We just need to make sure you aren't lying about anything for the discount."

Kusuo blinked a few times before your hands pressed onto his cheeks and your lips were suddenly on his.

The waiter let out a small laugh.

"That's enough proof for me. Let me show you to your table."

The kiss ended sooner than he wanted. Your gaze was now elsewhere and your hand was now gone.

Aiura gave you a smirk before calmly walking behind the waiter and into your seats.

"I'll be back around to take your orders."

***

You sat next to Kusuo and in front of Nendo. Both males were concerning you at the moment with the more idiotic one drooling at the menu. Kusuo, however, lightly gripped your sleeve, begging for attention like a puppy.

"Kusuo," You picked up a menu, "Is this about the kiss? I'm sorry about that."

Aiura and Nendo were too busy listing all of the foods they wanted to realize you and Kusuo.

"Why are you sorry? Do you not like giving me affection? Am I bothering you?! I can fix my mistake! Whatever it was!" He seemed to be spouting words quicker than he realized. Kusuo's grip on your sleeve tightened.

"Alright, here's your meal." The waiter suddenly appeared with a few plates of food.

Gently pushing Kusuo's hand off, you looked around. "When did we order?"

"Oh, we did! I didn't know what you wanted so I made my best guess." Aiura shrugged, handing you a plate of your favorite food.

"Wh-Thanks?" With a confused smile, you took the food.

"Anything else I can get you?" The waiter seemed to know something was going to go wrong.

"Nope, we're okay." You responded, feeling slightly uneasy.

Kusuo's eyes were stuck on you, creating some tension at the table.

"I'll...be back later." The poor server quickly sped off.

"Alright, what's going on?" Aiura quickly turned to you; her smile fading for a more serious one.

"Nothing." Kusuo frowned.

"No, no. Don't exclude us from your relationship problems. We're your friends!" Nendo pouted. "Tell us!"

You shrugged, "Look, I deadass don't have a clue what's wrong."

"You don't love me anymore!"

"Dude, the kiss was for the discount. We're just friends. Is this some sort of prank?"

"Oh...oh no..." Aiura winced and stared at her meal while Nendo covered his face with his hands.