"They protect the country they have been doing so" The president hands in so
"They are like the country's guardians"

"And how did it become to be team Alpha" Mingjue inquires. "do you hand pick them what do you do"

"There's only one team alpha," Xichen says as a matter of fact. "around 17 years ago I administered a test to the new batch that was joining the military all across and the ones who were on the top five from Army, air guard, navy and the marines were transferred to an institution where they trained together and the last 5  standing were declared Team alpha"

"How long did you train them" Mingjue follows up

"2 years" Xichen answered

"According to this claim, you trained them into efficient assassins the best of the best in only two years which usually takes someone nearly their whole life to be a proficient assassin" Mingjue points to the highlighted claim

The president and general Cho turns to look at Xichen to explain it to them also because they never knew what Xichen did he just produced a perfect team for them under the time they had aligned or given him.

"Before they started training every contestant went through a very thorough psych evaluation" Xichen fixes his sitting posture "So we knew how and when to break them or push them to their limits the ones who remained were the ones who made it till the end it was a survival for the fittest training"

"Who are the members and what are they to the team," Mingjue asks

"Kim Sungjoo a Korean born in China, spent his whole life around motor vehicles give him anything that has an engine and he will run it. At age 12 he became a getaway driver for a gang of thieves he was never caught until the police were snitched on a robbery happened they hijacked him on his way to pick up the loot and gang members he spent his juvenile years in juvenile jail until he got released on parole when he was an adult on which he joined the military immediately not wanting to be back in the streets. The joker of the team and an excellent getaway driver he gets the team to and from their operations"

"Any other skills other than driving," Mingjue asks

Xichen smiles a smile that sends shivers down his spine " poison manufacturing, he makes poisons that kill quickly and efficiently" Xichen looks at Yixuan's picture in the folder "Zhou Yixuan an excellent sniper, spent his whole life in a monastery living the vegetarian life has never hurt anyone or killed anyone not even touched a gun before until he joined the team. Monk's life was forced onto him to keep the family line thus why he holds a lot of anger inside that is  my guess why he joined the military in the first place to defy his family"

Mingjue flips to the other side "Li Wenhan"

"He comes from a family of military personnel he's a military of royal descent a navy brat" Xichen adds "Raised the military way from the moment he walked. The best strategist you'll ever find walking is the type of guy who has a plan of a plan, a guy I wouldn't like to lie to he can read you front and back like a book"

Mingjue doesn't say much but turns the page to a new profile.

"Jin Ling, a recent addition to the team, didn't go through any of the training, didn't even go through me he was scouted, coached, and trained by the members themselves other than that he was a wanted fugitive at Interpol"
Xichen shrugs

"you're harboring a former wanted fugitive," Mingjue asks not believing his ears

"He made a deal with Interpol he now teaches their hackers and Information technology technicians" Xichen

Mingjue doesn't say anything but he is very curious about how a young adult got himself swindled by Interpol.

"Zhou Yixuan wasn't supposed to survive this program he's like the hidden card of the team you never really know what's with him until he's gone through it and is done with it, doesn't have anything outstanding with his background came from a normal family led a normal life in the monastery with the monks" Xichen sighs "Cho Seungyoun a well known military brat," He says so while pointing at General Cho "Born and raised by a full general father and his other father is a model its best to say he was the most normal bunch out of the five well that's until he's given orders other than that he's the ace of the team"

"Captain" Mingjue inquires " they have a leader, who's the captain"

"Wang Yibo" Xichen answers "he's a crazy person you can pull off any mission with him as an heir of a conglomerate company, his whole life watched and monitored by the media and extended family members he's an enigma many have tried to read and study him but he comes out mysterious at the end."

"Why is he the captain, compared to the others he doesn't have an impressive description of him" Mingjue points out "Is it because" He trails

"Oh no" Xichen chuckles "He's better than everyone an overachiever very loyal and will go out of his way to protect the team that's all that matters to him and that's what I wanted a leader who will put his team above anything"
"Great you assembled this great perfect team for the government, great profiles and everything" Mingjue points to the folders which had every information down to their psych evaluation. "What have they done"

"Assassinations, asset recovery, spying are the very few things they've done" Xichen's tone is very much clear he doesn't want to divulge the mission so General Cho takes the chair to explain it to Mingjue

"Their most recent mission involved the president" General Cho places his cup of tea on the table "Word was going around that he was going to get assassinated during the Shangai Expo festival period so we had to call them in to protect the president and as you can see he's alive and well" He points at the president who throws an offended look at him "But they were injured gravely with no time to take them to our base's private hospital we had to send them to a private hospital in the city which the ground team had to work hard to keep under the wraps"

"To my ability and much consideration its very clear how the team is a vital part of the military and the safety of this country, and the much investigation done on Lan Xichen has shown that the claims that were raised are nothing but baseless claims so on November 15th, 2022 The Supreme Peoples Court have declared Xichen not guilty" Mingjue reads to the mic "Court adjourned" He hits the gravel three times standing up to leave the court while the rest complained and whined over his ruling.

"I learned something new today," Mingjue says the moment he sat by the bench facing the riverport

"We learn new things every day" Xichen replies to him

"you're much of an enigma yourself," Mingjue says "the more I peel, the more I still have to peel from you know sometimes I don't even know you"
Xichen chuckles turning to him "That's great I don't want you to know me" he turns looking at Mingjue "I think you keep forgetting we're not together anymore"

Mingjue opens his mouth to say something but nothing comes out being hurt by the comment he feels dejected but Xichen was right they were not together anymore they had walked on a thin line of friends with benefits after they had broken up given the chance that they were only comfortable with each other and also their line of work didn't give them the comfort to go around.

"you're right we are not together anymore" Mingjue sighs "take care and try not to land in my court again" Mingjue takes his briefcase fixing his coat before leaving.

Lan Xichen liked driving him crazy but he couldn't help it that he was gullible and easily fooled under him. He knew the latter was very insensitive and he doesn't do relationships, Mingjue should have guarded his heart better but he had already fallen for him before he could even guard his heart.

One last look at the man who held his poor heart captive "you know I too have feelings I am not that insensitive like you and I know that you are someone who is used to letting go that is fine you can let go of me all you want but know this" He looks at Xichen "You can't tell my heart to let go of you it has waited so long for you and you're the only one I will ever love in my life so don't expect me to throw away the memories we have each other and to move on" Mingjue takes his leave but stops midway "I can do anything for you but moving on from you is the only thing I will never do"

3 chapters back to back in one month the same week you guys must be fearing am about to do sth out of the ordinary like kill off one person

Now darlings what do you want me to do next kill off one team alpha member to build the storyline who will take one for the team.

See you next year or not 😂😂
🤗🤗🤗🤗

Choose one 🐱 or 🐰