Summer

Right so I've decided to jump on the bandwagon of Supercorptober. I love this ship but haven't posted anything on them, to be quite honest I wasn't sure if I could give them the justice they deserve.

So, in this universe that most of these will be set in, Lena was older when her mother died (like 9) and she had a sister. Leaning heavily into Merlin, i.e. Morgana and Morgause She also can speak Irish and I may spell her name Laoina which is the Gaelige spelling. She also has a much more established understanding of her magic, having had her mum help her master some things and using it in secret.

Anyway, that's a summary. The ratings and tags may change as this goes on, but let's see where it goes. As always, tell me what you think.

Riv Riv :)

See end of chapter for more notes

Alex was busy getting ready to take Kara to the beach. After the events of the phantom zone, the older sister thought it might benefit the young Kryptonian to get out of the city for a while, away from all the hustle and bustle. So, with the bag packed, she set off on her motorbike to pick up Kara; the sun was shining, and it was the perfect day. Sam had agreed to cover the tower so Kelly could come, and Alex was sure Kara would ask Lena to go as well. They seemed to be inseparable since the alien got back.

Arriving at Kara's apartment, the witch opened the door, letting them in. "Little sis, I thought we could go to the beach today. Sam and J'onn have offered to cover the tower and supergirl duties. What do you think?" Kara's face lit up with joy; she's always loved the sea. She loved how the waves felt on her feet and the sand between her toes, but most of all, the calm. There were no screaming people to help, no notices from people's everyday lives that she had to listen to, just the waves and the birds. "Yes, yes, yes. Wait but only if Lena can come? I'm not going unless she's with me." To make a point, the Kryptonian rushed towards the witch, catching her hand and pulling her close. Lena stroked Kara's hair before bringing her attention back to the elder Danvers. "I would hate to impose, and I'm afraid I would be rather dull at the beach. You see, I've never been to the seaside before." With that, the Danvers' gave her a hard, firm look, saying she was now going and didn't have much choice in the matter.

The journey was pleasant; Alex and Kelly went on their bike, Kara flew with Lena, and Lena practised flying with Kara there to support her if she fell. They set up a spot in a mix of shade and sun. Lena delved into her and Kara's bag and pulled out their swimsuits, ushering Kara to the bathroom to get changed. Then, in true Kara fashion, she super sped out of her clothes and ran to the sea. Lena was a little bit more apprehensive if, truth be told, she never really liked water after what happened to her máthair. She still blamed herself and, in essence, her sister, but they were children who couldn't do anything about it. How could a 9 and 12-year-old save a drowning woman, even if they were witches?

"Come on, Lena, you'll be fine. You flew all the way here practically by yourself; if you feel unsteady, just fly." Kara gently tugged her towards the ocean. After about an hour of swimming, they all headed to the arcade, Kara walking away with a massive unicorn in her arms. "You know, if you kill a unicorn, it is said you will be cursed for all eternity unless you complete its guardian's three challenges. But, if you complete them and prove you are noble of heart, then the curse will be lifted, and the unicorn will be reborn." The Kryptonian listened closely as Lena explained various facts about unicorns and other mythical creatures, the most exciting being that you can't drown a dragon.

At the end of the day, they all walked back to the car park with ice creams in hand, Kara and Lena waving Alex and Kelly off on their hour bike ride home. Kara picked up Lena, super speeding them back to her apartment. After both were showered and changed into comfy PJs, Lena sat on the sofa, inviting Kara into her arms and pulling her close. She reached over for her book and reading glasses on the table and began to read aloud, not putting on an accent she does for the world, just letting her natural voice fall through the cracks. "'But there's a better way. You show her she is beautiful. You make mirrors of your eyes, prayers of your hands against her body. It is hard, very hard, but when she truly believes you....' Bast gestured excitedly. 'Suddenly the story she tells herself in her own head changes. She transforms. She isn't seen as beautiful. She is beautiful, seen.'" Kara snuggles down as the raven-haired witch turns the page and continues to read until the Kryptonian was asleep in her arms. The front door clicked to reveal Alex looking lovingly at the pair; grabbing the blanket of Kara's bed, she laid it over both of them. She gently kissed the top of both their heads, careful not to wake her sleeping baby sister. "Thank you for looking after her, Little Luthor."

Máthair - mum in Irish p.s. I'm learning Irish, it's not that good at the moment but I'll try and get the translations mostly correct, just bear with me.

The book quote is from one of the books Katie talked about in an interview, The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. Just felt right for insecure Kara to hear.

I'm not sure if they are officially together here, take it as you will.