221: A Day Is Actually A Very Long Time

Start from the beginning

"There's always more than one timeline," MJ reminded them.

"It's grim stuff, really," Klaus scrunched up his face, "Not for the faint of heart."

"Who's doom are we talking about here?" Hayley motioned around, "Because, if it's yours, I think we're all okay with that."

Klaus chuckled, "Sadly, we're all on the chopping block."

"Well," Kol tilted his head, "Not that I want to make everything about me."

"But you do."

"I'm not on the list."

"Don't' jynx it!" MJ scolded.

"Says the person who doesn't believe in prophecy," Elijah reminded her.

"I believe in multiple futures," She course-corrected, "And I believe the universe likes to laugh at me – and therefore him."

"We can all keep our chins up," Klaus put out a hand, "This witch claims her visions are constantly evolving. So, maybe it will turn into just me."

Hayley looked at MJ, then the brothers, lips pursed, "You don't believe in it?"

"I believe not knowing is tough, but the best path forward."

"..."

"Hayley."

"I wanna meet the witch."

"Hayls!"

"I trust you," Hayley sighed, "But if this ends up being connected to Hope..."

All of their minds would turn a little one track.

"I just wanna meet her, then I'll make up my mind," She faced Elijah, "Tonight."

"Tonight?" Klaus glared.

"You got an invite too?" MJ tried not to seem too surprised Hayley was on their list.

All the attention was on her.

Elijah lifted his, "You did?"

She mimicked the gesture with the small card she'd found pinned to her door.

"Interesting," He shook his head, "Should I assume one of the members hijacked your morning?"

"Ish," She glanced at Kol, "Tristan DeMartel broke into Marcel's."

Maybe she needed to go around updating everyone's homes with magical security.

"Wants to meet me."

"No," Kol pulled a face, "He's dull, pretentious, and his parties are too."

"I need to meet him to get a read of his head," MJ reasoned, "If there's magic protecting it, and it's the same as the magic on Lucien? Proof they're working together."

Kol considered it.

"Only problem," She scrunched her nose up, "If I'm trying to play nice to get close to him..."

"I can't be there."

"Basically," She spun her invite around, "I was specifically told not to bring you."

He fought off his frown.

"No," Klaus didn't, "You are the last person we should be giving them access to."

"Giving them access?" She mimed vomiting, "What am I? Next week's lottery numbers?"

"A freshly turned rare item," He didn't sugar-coat it.

"Dude," MJ held a hand out, "I met supernatural traffickers when I was fifteen."

Everyone but Kol did a half-double take.