He looked at me sorrowfully from behind his dark bangs ,"but the difference is that you won't be there with me. It won't ever be the same "

"We'll still see each other at work, right ?"i tried being positive but he shook his head

"You know it's not the same"

Another tear rolled down my cheeks but he immediately caught it with his thumb , caressing my cheek gently,"i wish things would've been different"

"Me too ,"he whispers leaning his forehead against mine before taking me in his arms for a comforting hug ,"i really didn't want it to end like this , or ever at all" he whispered against my ear , his grip on me as tight as ever. It was as if he was holding onto me for dear life and that only broke my heart more.

"Please , please don't hate me "i cried pulling away from him slowly . I turned to Leone who wiped my tears with a sad smile as he pulled me into his arms

"We could never hate you cupcake"he ran his hands up and down my back comfortingly,"never"

He cupped my cheeks , pressing a soft kiss on my forehead ,"don't ever blame yourself for what happened"

I took a step back , looking at the two men in front of me . I hadn't realized how much significance they held in my life till now , till i had to let them go . I tried to smile at them but it seemed bittersweet to be honest. It was for the best , at least for now.

"Have fun wherever you decide to go,"i tried to sound optimistic but i knew they didn't believe me .

"I know you said i should forget you but I'll hold on to you and to us . Take care,"Dayn said , not looking into my eyes .

"Take care Syd" Leone said with a small smile.

I didn't want to stand there anymore , i was on the verge of a breakdown and i couldn't take the pain any longer ,"goodbye"

I didn't wait for a response and turned on my heels walking away as tears started to flow down my cheeks involuntarily.

3rd person POV

Dayn and Leone  stood in the hallway, watching her walk away.

Dayn lowered his head ,his hands moulded into fists,"she really broke up with me" his voice sounded hallow and lifeless .

Leone patted he younger on the back ,"come on , let's give her some space"he told him and Dayn slowly nodded and let Leone drag him back into the hall.

Instead of returning to their table , Leone led the younger go to the table with the rest of the guys were seated.
Dayn quietly flopped onto the chair next to Leone , covering his face with his palms . The rest of the guys went silent ,watching him.

"I saw you with Syd a minute ago ,"Seth started,"where'd she go?" He asked Dayn who didn't even spare him a glance

"I don't wanna talk about it,"he said quietly , looking at the beer in front of him blankly . Everyone else cocked their head in Leone's direction, expecting an answer from him instead.

He sighed,"she left."

"The party started just an hour ago . Is something wrong?" Jordan asked, clearly concerned as to why the youngest looked so down.

"She..."Leone's voice trailed off as he glanced at Hardin who was also looking at him , not even bothering to hide it ,"....she said that she feels responsible for getting in between us and ruining our friendship."

"I wasn't expecting that,"Seth said . Jake glanced at Hardin who was staring at the doorway in confusion

"She didn't want to come in  between us do she broke up with him ,"he gestured at the younger who was drowning himself in alcohol,"she said she also felt like she was responsible for what happened to Hardin"at the mention of  his name , everyone on the table , except Dayn looked at Hardin who shrunk in his seat.