Chapter VI: Act XXI

Start from the beginning

"Hey there! A guy called Meng Dan told us that we could get a nice and shiny box from your store..." Paimon explained to the woman in front of her.

"Uncle Meng already told me about it. Thank you both for saving him. Many of the best goods in our store were found by Uncle Meng. If anything were to happen to him, it would be impossible for us to continue doing business. Here, this container is itself an antique, with at least 140 years of history. It's already been cleaned... Will it do?" The owner, Xingxi, asked.

Paimon nodded her head. "Yup-yup-yup! It's great! Hang on a moment. Could we borrow one other thing?"

Xingxi nodded. "Sure, please help yourselves – as long as it's on our shelves."

"Aether, (Y/n), this clay pot looks really awesome! If we use an antique as our mixing bowl, we should be able to make a great snack! It's done! The one and only sugar-frosted slime! Carefully now. Into the box, it goes, and dust it over with a bit more powdered sugar..." Paimon trailed off.

"Oh yes. You might want to use these two freshly-picked flowers for decorations too," Xingxi states.

"Woohoo! It looks beautiful!" Paimon beamed, staring at the gift right in front of her.

Aether and (Y/n) shared a glance, sweatdropping at the young girl before them.

'I'm still not sold on this gift idea...' Aether thought.

"Great! Now that we've put all that we've got into this box, let's go to the Jade Chamber to see Ningguang!" Paimon declared.

✧˖*°࿐

'According to Keqing, this is what we should say...' Paimon trailed off in thought.

"Excuse me, do you sell the moon here?" Paimon asked.

The guide stared at the trio before him before nodding his head. "Yes. How many would you like?" He questioned.

"It is not convenient to speak of numbers here," Paimon answered.

"Ah, well said. Please, use this to ascend to the Chamber... Ah, yes. Speaking of which – are you three the guests that Lady Ningguang has arranged to meet with today?" The guide asked.

"Yup!" Paimon replied with a nod of her head.

'And yet the code they used was not the one for guests, but for the Yuheng. What's going on here...' The guide wondered.

✧˖*°࿐

Aether, Paimon, and (Y/n) watched an elegant woman come walking up to them with two other women behind her.

"I've been waiting for you, returnees from Jueyun Karst," the woman said.

"Ah, it's Ningguang!" Paimon gasped out.

Paimon rubbed her hands together and smiled shyly at the woman before her. "Since this is our first meeting, um, we've prepared a gift! Hope you like it?"

Ningguang smiled at the trio before her. "Oh, for me? You have my thanks. It seems that I have made things difficult for you, considering that you were supposed to be my guests."

"Hehe... Oh no, it's nothing." Paimon giggled.

(Y/n) mentally deadpanned, wishing that he wasn't here and was with (F/n), but no, he was fucking pulled into this shit.

"This palace floats in the skies, higher than the peak of any mountain. From this vantage point, one may survey all of Liyue. I have been gathering the funds necessary to build it from the time I began the merchant's craft. And since becoming the Tianquan, I have spared no effort in hiring the best craftsmen to constantly extend it... At first, it was but the size of one room. Now, it is large enough to blot out the moon in the skies above Liyue. One day, I believe it will overshadow all seven nations," Ningguang states.