Chapter 16 : mine

Over 10K reads?! Thank you all so much for reading this book! :) <3

Sorry I kinda disappeared, for personal reasons I had to take a break from writing for a while but I'm back:)

When this chapter is published I'm going through this book and correcting my grammar and spelling mistakes.

Also I have the flu so that's fun too.😍👍

[Your pov]
Word count: 1150
-

I lazily drag my feet along the ground. I've just dropped Cecily off back home from the library.

She almost finished a complete reading session. Almost a full week of her being well behaved. She was doing so well.

Before someone thought it was a good idea to teach her fire magic yesterday without me knowing.

Honestly I'm relived I come from a wealthy family so the damage can be payed easily but at this rate she's going to be banned from the library.

And she'll probably grounded until she's thirty.

Because unfortunately for me, bribery doesn't work on her anymore. Not even money. She's a literal agent of chaos.

I need to find a new strategy, and fast. I babysit her in 5 days.

I need a break, I'm so drained.

Especially since befriending Luz.

Who knew becoming friends with the human in Bonesborough would lead me to technically joining the emperor's coven with her because I occasionally work for my uncle AND meeting the Golden Guard.

To be fair I'm pretty sure Luz quit that job anyway, being close with someone the emperor's coven see as a criminal is pretty interesting I won't lie.

But I do have a strange gut feeling that it's only just going to get worse.

Eh. I'm probably being overdramatic.

I hope.

"Shiver, staff." I command to my palisman. With no hesitation, she transforms and lands perfectly in the palms of my hands.

Me and my palisman have actually grown quite close over the short period of time we've spent together, it's actually kinda funny how I can understand what she says.