27

~~ please comment and vote ~~

"Hecate, why don't you walk with me?" Morticia Addams said as she raised her arm around her youngest daughter's back but never actually touching the girl.

"What?" She said in shock, unsure on how to exactly process the thought of her mother actually wanting to talk to her when her sister wasn't around. She didn't argue, in fact, she followed behind the woman, anxious as to what this was about.

"I saw your face pale." Morticia said as the mother and daughter walked side by side, both looking elegant as ever as their hips swayed, their bodies facing the direction of the flower shop.

"I...thought i recognized the boy in the photo-"

"You did more than just recognize him, my little sunflower." Morticia glanced over her shoulder and at the shorter girl, who frowned and kept her gaze strictly facing forwards. She didn't know how her mother knew, but she wasn't going to question it. She'd wait to see what the gothic woman had to say. "You saw him."

"I-" Hecate wanted to object, fearing her family would see her as mad, but then - as the autumn leaves fell off the trees, one of them hitting her shoulder - she remembered her parents attended a school for outcasts...just like she and Wednesday.

Besides, she couldn't get much more mad than her Uncle Fester.

"He's not the only one i've seen." Hecate mumbled, trying to keep her voice low so that any normies around wouldn't be able to hear her.

"He's not the only dead person you've seen?"

"No, Mother." Hecate said with a slight shake of her head as the two stopped outside the floral shop. With an understandable silence between them, they walked into the store and Morticia went up to the counter, sending the woman a brief smile.

"A singular red rose, if you please." She requested, and a red rose was given to her. She paid the correct amount and turned swiftly - as did Hecate - and the mother and daughter left the shop that was full of sweet scented flowers of all colours.

"I bet Xavier got the bouquet from here." Hecate couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of her boyfriend coming into a flower shop and inspecting every bouquet and flower in sight, trying to find a set he thought she'd love when in reality, she'd love whatever flower he'd give because it isn't about what the flower is, but rather, who it's from.

"Xavier?" Morticia questioned with a knowing gaze, smiling at her daughter. She hoped at least one of the twins would find love like she had done and not end up in solitude.

"Oh, uh, he-" Hecate laughed nervously, her fingers fidgeting together as she wondered on what her mother would say. "He's my...boyfriend."

"Oh, my Hecate, my sweet, nectar-like Hecate has found love!" Morticia said in a prideful tone as she opened her arms laughed softly. Hecate could only stare at her in confusion.