11

~~ please comment and vote ~~

"Xavier, why are you forcing me to come to fencing?" Hecate groaned as she was getting gently tugged by her friend that she may or may not of been starting to like in a more-than-friends kind of way.

As her golden hair whipped in her face slightly due to her constant looking back to the end of the hallways they had come from and to the dreaded hall where the fencing was taking place, Hecate stumbled. She was caught by Xavier, who glanced at her with a slightly lop-sided grin. One a love-sick teenager would send to the person they loved.

"Don't look at me like that." Hecate huffed with a childish pout as she picked herself back up from Xavier's hold and headed towards the room. She now wanted to kick his ass at fencing...and do it with style.

"Look at you like what?" Xavier questioned with a soft chuckle as he followed into the room. There were students in white fencing outfits on with protective masks covering their face as their foils clattered together.

"Like i'm your most prized possession or something." Hecate shrugged as she walked into the room, her own protective mask clutched into her hand as she and Xavier walked side-by-side towards a mat they would share and fence each other on. "We need to be serious."

"Serious." Xavier said with a stern voice, a slight squint of his eyes and sticking out his bottom lip a little. He was being anything but serious.

With a frustrated scowl, Hecate was quick to use swift and smooth wrist movements to quickly make her foil's point just about touch Xavier's throat.

"Serious." She repeated, and Xavier didn't dare nod or gulp. With a relieved sigh that the boy in front of her was complying to her wish for them to be serious for once, she slowly lowered the foil to her side and put the mask over her head. Xavier did the same.

"Ready?" He called, to which she nodded once but firmly. The two got into the correct positions before letting a moment pass by before they striked at one  another. They went back and forth, none of the pair being able to land a hit on the other.

They were just too good together.

For five minutes they tried to score a hit on the other, but as the sounds of more footsteps enterring the room, they couldn't help but stop and look, seeing none other than the dark haired Addams in a black fencing suite.

"Hey, Wednesday." Hecate softly greeted after removing her mask and sending a kind smile to her sister. All she got in response was a dull 'hello' but a kind look in her eyes. Hecate watched as Wednesday walked over their mat and towards the end of the hall, where others were fencing. "Wait-" Hecate glanced over at a bench, thinking she had seen something familiar.

"Coach-" a boy began after he had fallen to the ground. Hecate's attention was pulled back to the front where Bianca un-masked herself, staring down at the boy with pity. Hecate realised it was Rowan and she frowned before going to move forwards to help him, however, Xavier put his hand out and stopped her. "Coach, she tripped me."