XII

3rd person pov

It was now Monday morning and the trial concerning Scorpius was about to start,
Astoria's funeral had been on Friday and it was an emotional couple of hours where all paid their respects. She was now buried in the back of the garden, her gravestone beautifully placed on top.

Draco was laying on his bed, Scorpius in his crib, and tried to find the strength to get up and out of bed. He was still a bit down after Astoria's funeral and now having to fight for his son in court just felt like a bit much at the moment, and then there was the annoying tension between him and Harry.

Draco rolled over looking at his peacefully sleeping son, that boy was probably the only reason he hadn't broken completely after Astoria's death. His mind kept crawling back to the tension that had been between him and Harry for almost a week, he had luckily acted more normal at the funeral but after that the tension was back.
Harry was still annoyed with him after basically throwing his friends out of the house but Draco suspected there was something else going on considering Harry was highkey trying to avoid him.

He decided that if he wanted to arrive to the ministry on time he should probably get up, so that's what he did. He went into his walk-in closet and found himself some traditional formal clothes consisting of a shirt, vest, pants and a long jacket all black of course. He went to Scorpius' area of the closet and found some black pants along with a deep green silk shirt.

Once they were both dressed Draco lifted Scorpius up in his arms and walked downstairs to the dining room where Harry was seated with James on one side and Albus on the other as they were eating.

"Morning." Draco hesitantly greeted Harry as he walked past him to get to the other side where he put down Scorpius before sitting down himself.

"Good morning Draco, are you ready for today?" Harry greeted him as if there was no tension which confused Draco quite a bit.

"I guess, what are you going to do with James, Albus and Teddy?" Draco asked to keep the conversation going, as he finished his sentence the elf came in with his and Scorp's breakfast. Harry looked a bit at Draco before saying;

"Draco- Teddy went back to Hogwarts yesterday and Hermione promised to take the boys once again even after how you so rudely threw them out last time." and boom- the tension was back.

"And now the tension is back.." Draco muttered under his breath just loud enough for Harry to hear which made him shoot Draco a confused look.

"You've been acting weird since I threw Granger and Weasley out, there's been this weird tension between us." Draco said honestly finally tired of no one acknowledging it.

"I just thought it was rude and a bit weird, that's all." Harry said while eating his food. There was yet another tense silence between the two of them, they looked at each other with stiff glares. Just then Narcissa entered the dining room along with Lucius who quickly felt the tension in the air and stopped in their tracks to watch the scene unfold.

"Something wrong here boys?" Narcissa asked after a couple minutes of total silence, Harry scoffed as Draco said;

"Harry here seems to think i'm rude and weird for throwing his friends out after they basically disrespected my dead wife."

Lucius and Narcissa looked at each other not being able to decide what to do or say, they looked back at the young men when Harry said;

"Well Ron didn't know she was dead since you basically didn't tell anyone so how can you be mad at him when he didn't even know?" Harry seemed to get more annoyed by the second and before an argument would start Narcissa decided to take both boys to the library for an "adult talk" much to their displeasure.

They arrived to the library where Narcissa closed the huge doors after them, she made them sit together in a couch before sitting down in the other herself, she put her hands on her lap before looking at the two young men before her.

"Why are you two fighting? You seemed like you were getting along great just a few days ago?" She questioned the two without really getting a clear answer to why the new friendship wasn't really working at the moment.

"Look boys, i know it's hard to trust and understand one another considering your.. History with each other but you were getting along so great and you can't let a friendship like that go to waste. I will not force you to do anything but you need to remember that you, Draco, depends more on Harry right now more than ever before considering he is the one that could help you win this case against Ms. Weasley which would bring the whole happiness as she should not walk free after trying to kill our precious baby okay? So work out whatever you need to work out so that you are ready to squash that bug in court, understand?" Narcissa continued suddenly not sounding so nice and gentle anymore, her change of tone caught Harry by surprise who quickly looked at an unfazed Draco.

Narcissa then left the boys and told them not to come out before they had figured whatever was going on between them, Draco soon enough decided that he wasn't going to be late for court because of a stupid argument and started the conversation by asking what Harry thought he had done wrong. An hour later the men had sorted everything out and went back downstairs greeted by three very happy toddlers who had all waited patiently for them.

"Did you figure everything out?" Narcissa asked them after they had said hello to their kids, the boys nodded much to Narcissa pleasure.

"Well get ready, we have to drop off James and Albus at the Granger-Weasley's before going to court and we have to there in half an hour." She said, hurrying them along.

Word Count: 1015