14

Every time Minho came back, he talked less and less until he finally stopped. He now lay on his bed; eyes half opened and not moving. He was exhausted and drained; at this point, he wanted to be eaten by a crank over seeing his old memories.

The maze was behind him, yet the grievers still haunted his mind. He was aware of Y/N's heavy gaze but couldn't bring himself to look at her, not when his heart ached.

"Wicked will be done soon." That is what she always said, but she was lying. Minho knew WICKED would only stop when he was drained completely and not a single drop of blood was left.

The silence weighed heavily on Minho's shoulders as he spaced out, slowly breathing.

"Minho, why can't I remember you? Or anyone else you mention? I don't know a Thomas or Newt." Y/N was hoping he'd answer her question because she didn't like how quiet he was.

"WICKED probably wiped your memory," Minho muttered, his voice barely audible.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Why do you care, anyway? All you want is a cure, right? So stop acting all friendly."

"I'm not acting, Minho. Of course, I want a cure. We all want a cure."

"Shut up."

"Min"-

"I said, shut up. I don't want your pity; it means nothing to me. Not when you can't even remember me. Do you know how much it hurts to see you and want to hug you, but I can't because you don't know me anymore!"

"We can still get to know each other again."

"It isn't the same! You'll never look at me the way you did before! That's what I want! To be able to have you by my side again!"

"I'm sorry, Minho, I can't do that. Not now."

"I know, and that's the problem."

Y/N lowered her head, sighing. She opened her mouth to say something, but Minho didn't want to hear it. His Y/N was gone. Worst of all, he never got that kiss she promised. WICKED ruined that for him too.

"Truth be told," Y/N said, walking towards Minho. She decided it was time to tell Minho the phrases she had been hearing in her head. " I do not remember most of our times together; you're right about that. But there's an itch in my mind that I can't shake. You like girls who are in charge."

Minho quickly turned his head to look at Y/N, his lips parting slightly.

"How did you..." He trailed off as Y/N stood in front of him, staring down.

"You also mentioned that you like a girl who can shoot." Y/N continued, tilting Minho's chin up. He gulped, staring intensely into her eyes. "Let me guess; you also like a girl who can aim." Minho lightly chuckled, too focused on Y/N to do anything else.

"I guess so." He mumbled, eyes never leaving the H/C-haired girl. Y/N sharply inhaled, almost melting under his stare. She licked her lips, slowly exhaling.

"Do you still want that kiss, lightning boy?"

There it was, that nickname that set Minho ablaze. His heart leapt in his chest. Finally. Shucking finally.

Seeing the eagerness in his eyes, Y/N leaned down. She paused, so close to Minho's face that she could feel his warm breath on her face. Minho, growing impatient, closed the gap. It was a short kiss, something which wasn't enough for either of them.

Y/N and Minho stared at each other before going in for another kiss. This one was more passionate, more heated. Minho fell back onto the bed, and Y/N fell on top of him. Their mouths remained connected as Y/N softly tugged on Minho's hair, making him quietly groan.

Y/N pulled away, panting. Minho closed his eyes, trying to catch his breath.

"Shuck." He mumbled, "I've been waiting for ages for that." Y/N laughed. "Give me another, Y/N." She was quick to comply, reconnecting their lips for another kiss. Lost in the moment, Minho's hips bucked upwards, shocking Y/N.

"Woah, slow down," Y/N uttered, holding onto his shoulders. Minho absentmindedly hummed, running his cold hands under Y/N's shirt. He gripped her waist, tracing patterns on her skin.

"So, do you remember?" He asked.

"It's all coming back, gradually," Y/N reassured him, "Now, rest. I'll get your dinner." Minho listened to her, and for once, he managed to fall into a peaceful slumber, smiling as he recalled Y/N's lips on his.

Y/N exited his room, pulling her sleeve up. Her heart dropped as her worst fear came true. Dark veins were beginning to crawl across her skin, slowly but surely. She wasn't bitten or scratched by a crank, so it was true; the virus was airborne.

Y/N thickly swallowed, her heart racing. Her immune system was powerful; it could fight off the virus for a little longer before it consumed her whole.  Janson wouldn't give her the serum. He'd throw her out instead. So, Y/N figured she'd either steal some or ask Teresa.

She adjusted her clothing, acting as if nothing had happened. Lyla was nowhere to be seen now, so Y/N assumed she was on duty on another level. The guard who delivered Minho's food wasn't as kind as Lyla, shoving the tray into Y/N's hands. She sent them a stern glare before turning around, huffing.

"Minho, you up? The good news is that your food isn't cold and looks pretty decent." Y/N uttered as she walked into the room, staring at the steaming food. She lifted her head, staring around in shock. Minho wasn't where she left him.

"Don't worry, Y/N. We deemed Minho well enough to share a bunk, thanks to you. He's been cooperating well with you around." Janson, who was behind Y/N, chuckled. He firmly patted her shoulder, squeezing it tightly.

"Oh." Y/N whispered, the corners of her mouth twitching into a sad smile, "Of course. Does this mean I don't need to guard him?"

"There'll be others to do that job for you. I bet you're glad to get rid of that burden anyway. He must've been annoying you."

"R-Right. Annoying me. Yeah."

Y/N had no other reason to stay in the room. She'd sleep in the same space as Minho but now that he had been transferred, she could go back to her own bunk.

"Don't worry, I'll deliver him his food." Janson uttered, taking the tray from Y/N. He smiled, though it made Y/N feel uneasy. Her memories still weren't back but she knew something was off. She'd have to ask Minho the next time she saw him.