Y/N stared, slightly confused, as one of the boys from Maze A walked up to her, grinning. He leaned against the wall beside her, a little close for comfort.

"Hey, baby." He greeted, winking. Y/N looked him up and down in disbelief. She didn't say anything. "Oh, shuck, are you mute?" Well, that brought back memories.

"No. I don't often talk to strangers. But then again, I have no friends. So I don't talk much at all." Y/N's cheeks heated up slightly. Janson never allowed her to get this close to any guy. And he wasn't bad-looking either.

"Y/N, right?" He asked. She liked the way he said her name; it sounded nice.

"Yes."

"Cool, cool. Uh... what do you do for fun 'round here?"

"I do my job. A watered-down description of my job is just pointing a gun at things and shooting."

"I am ay-okay with being shot, especially by you. Stabbing is fine too. Burn me if you want. Pull my hair even."

Y/N silently looked at Minho again, realizing he was being serious. She quietly laughed in amusement.

"You must have high pain tolerance, then. I think your friends want to speak to you. And I need to get something done. Run along now." Y/N gently pushed him back towards his friends. He stumbled.

"H-Hey, my name's Minho, by the way."

Y/N smiled, finally realizing why he looked so familiar. He was one of the boys from the canteen.

"Nice to meet you, Minho."

"Well, I'd call that a success." Minho proudly smirked, placing his hands on his hips.

"At least she didn't kick your ass. That's a bonus." Newt said, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"Yeah, well, no one can resist my charm."

Lunch was over, and the boys were led into a large bunker.

"Oh, I got top bunk!" Frypan said, starting to climb up the little ladder. Minho jumped, quickly pulling himself up onto the mattress.

"Too slow."

"I could get used to this," Winston said, smiling as he got comfortable on a lower bunk.

"Hey. What do you think those guys what with Teresa?" Thomas was still worried about her. He hadn't spoken to the girl since they arrived and hardly saw her.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, she can take care of herself. Don't worry about it." Newt patted Thomas' shoulder, reassuring him.

"Yeah. For now, let's focus on my girlfriend!" Minho exclaimed, causing Frypan to roll his eyes.

"Minho, just because you spoke to her once doesn't mean she's your girlfriend."

Minho was going to respond with a snarky remark, but a knock on the metal door made him pause. The doors swiped open, revealing Y/N leaning against the wall.