Chapter 8

Credits of the art to the owner.

Natsu groaned as he woke up. His head hurt. His entire head.

Hadn't he woken up moments ago and thought the same thing?

Natsu blinked, his eyebrows furrowing. Had he dreamed of the woman? Had he dreamed about the chair too?

He looked down to see that he was tied to a chair with hair.

'It wasn't a dream after all...' Natsu shivered, 'That doesn't make me feel better...'

"You," a female's voice. Natsu suspected it was the same one he saw before. The one who was talking to a lizard. "State your name!"

Did she mean 'Tell me your name!'? Natsu wasn't that sure. English wasn't his strong suit.

"Answer me!" Her voice didn't waver but Natsu sensed the fear between her words. He grinned. It was good to know she was scared - it meant that he held the upper hand.

"Natsu, Natsu Dragneel," he called out, "and I'm thirsty."

A minute passed.

Natsu watched as she came out from the shadows, her hair flowing behind her, never-ending. It snaked through the wooden floor. Her small fingers grabbed a glass from a cupboard. He watched as she poured clear water into the glass. She walked towards him with it, her small steps making no sound. Everything was quiet.

Until Natsu talked.

"I can't drink with my hands tied."

The blonde frowned. "I know I look young and naive but... I'm not that stupid." She rolled her eyes and leaned forward with the glass.

Natsu made a 'tch' sound but tipped his head back with his mouth open. He was thirsty, and she was willing to give him water. He wasn't going to let her kindness go to waste.

The woman poured water slowly into his mouth, small gulps. Once he finished, she walked back and left the glass in the sink.

"Why have tied me up here, lady?" Natsu came straight to the point.

The woman stared at him for a little while before she spoke. "I want you to help me cross the forest. And bring me back here after I finish my business."

Natsu scoffed. "Yeah, no. I don't take people to places."

"You have to!"

"Oh?" Natsu raised his eyebrows, "or else?"

The woman flushed red in rage -- or maybe in embarrassment. She looked around frantically until there was a random grunt. Natsu turned his head to see the lizard pointing at something. He turned back to the woman, who was smiling in triumph. She ran to where the lizard was and grabbed the book he was pointing at. She then held it threateningly at Natsu.

He wasn't even fazed.

"If you don't take me to the end of this forest," she moved closer, clutching the book tightly. "I will kill you with this encyclopedia!"

Natsu stared at her. Then he burst out laughing. "Yeah, right! I'm not stupid--" he could speak no longer as she struck him with the encyclopedia.

"Okay, never mind, you can kill me with that..."

"Take me to the end of the forest!"

Natsu sighed. "Where do you need to go?"

"The castle." She answered without hesitation.