Chapter 2

"His Majesty requires you in his chamber."

Gray blinked. There were a lot of things he was expecting when he opened the door. But, he had definitely not expected his father to call him.

The last time Acnologia had called Gray was... he shivered. That's right, it was when Gray let a peasant go after seeing how much that poor man had suffered. Gray may be known as a cold-hearted but he wasn't cruel. He only acted that way because of his father. Gray's eyes went blank as he remembered the punishment he received for doing that act of kindness.

"Umm..."

Gray looked at the small maid in front of him. She was the one who was sent with the message and unknowingly, Gray had been glaring at her.

"You may go." He said coldly.

"Yes, sir." The maid practically ran away from him. He couldn't blame her - everyone was scared of him. He was the 'Ice-Hearted Prince'  after all.

Slowly walking towards his father's chamber, he began to think of everything he had done in the past few weeks. Try as he might, he could only think of his ruthless actions - none of them were , in any way, kindhearted.

So why did Acnologia want to see his son?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are getting married next week."

"I'm sorry?"

Gray had reached the chamber, where his father was dressed in a crimson, silk robe. He was accompanied by the royal treasurer, Rogue Cheney.

"I do not like to repeat myself, Gray." Acnologia gritted his teeth and glared at Gray. "You are getting married."

"But father-" Gray stopped, his cheek stinging from the touch. Acnologia had slapped him.

"HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME FATHER ?" Acnologia shouted at him. "YOU WILL REFER TO ME AS 'YOUR MAJESTY'!"

"Yes, your majesty." Gray's head hung low and he blinked his tears away. He could feel the pitying eyes of Rogue staring at him.

"You will be marrying the princess of Ishgar." Acnologia stated, regaining his composure. "Her name is Juvia."

"Yes, fa- your majesty."

"You may leave."

Gray dragged his feet to the door, opened it and left. He had no say in this marriage, he never had a say in anything. Still, he had wished he could choose his bride at the least.

'Oh Lucy,' he thought, solemnly. 'If only you were here. Things would have so much different.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NO!"

"JUVIA!" The queen, dressed in her elegant gown cried. "Mind your words."

"But-"

"No buts. You will be married and that's that." The queen sighed, her tired eyes closing a bit. "It is for the sake of the kingdom, you know that. Do it for the kingdom."

Juvia - the one and only princess of Ishgar - had azure blue hair and midnight blue eyes. She was a kind and compassionate princess who never criticized people. Her kingdom meant her life to her, and she loved everyone in it. Her eyes are always shining with love and laughter. But, now they were filled with hopelessness.