Day 6: Part 2

Day 6: Part 2
Monday

I scurried to get up as I inhaled the fresh air. I tried to concentrate on the fact being trapped inside the hospital for 5 days it was nice to be outside and not the fact there could be zombies waiting anywhere for us. I hoped Reyna would follow behind soon. I looked at my surroundings. I decided to focus on finding a working vehicle like what Reyna had asked me to do.
The car parking area was a mess. There were cars parked sideways, some had crashed into each other, windows were broken on most of them. I looked further ahead, towards the exit of the hospital parking area there were a few cars all scattered about blocking the entrance for anyone who wanted to exit with the cars I was currently standing closest to.
Deciding the cars near the exit was our best chance I started to run to the area but staying crouched as I made my way over.

I made sure to grip my pocket knife tightly in case there was a zombie hiding away as I checked the vehicles. There was a red car that was blocked behind a van. A woman was sitting in the driver's seat, she was half hanging out of the car door that was wide open. Her elbow and knee were covered in blood, I shook my head as I reached my shaky hands to her wrists. I felt no pulse. Looking away from her, I let out a gasp as I noticed the car keys were still in the ignition. I grimsed as I pulled the lady out of the car as gently as I could. I sat in the same seat as she had. I checked the back seats too, in case there was anyone else dead or alive but, there wasn't anyone.
I crossed my fingers and turned the keys with my other hand. The car started up, there was still some battery in the car. That's when I heard Reyna shout my name. "Over here!" I called back.

"I'm surprised you actually found a car that still had the keys and energy still" Reyna said surprised. A bruise was forming on her cheek. "Come on, out you get this is my side."
Once I was on the passenger side Reyna tried to reverse out from the small space. The van was blocking our exit. "Maybe we could try to push the van out of the way?" I suggested although I doubt an 11 and a 35 year old could move a minivan.
"I suppose it's worth a shot"
Turns out Reyna is a lot stronger than she looks as we had managed to push the van enough to clear some space for the car. I was grateful the eletric cars are lighter nowadays.

"Alright Sully. Time to say bye bye to this place" Reyna smiled at me as she buckled herself in and started the car engine.