Day 1452

Day 1452
Friday

I listened to the rain outside before sighing as I got out of bed.
Today I will meet Edgar again.
I did my daily routine but today I was able to have a sip of water before I left the room.

I groaned as I prepared to walk the mountain of stairs.
Eventually reaching room 404, I knocked on the door hoping Edgar hadn't forgotten about yesterday.
"Oh it's you" Edgar greeted me miserably. Pulling the door a little more open, just enough for me to squeeze past him.

"Take your shoes off please before heading further inside."
I complied, yanking my brown boots off, revealing bright pink patterned strawberry socks.
I should've worn black socks, I thought, feeling awkward about my current socks.
I entered the kitchen where I saw Edgar. He was packing a backpack.
I stood there awkwardly watching him pack a bottle of water, rope, and clothing.
"Are you going somewhere?" Edgar jumped at the sound of my voice.
"Good grief. I forgot you were here" He grumbles as he puts his bag over his shoulder. "I plan to trade items for money"
"Why money? People don't have much use for it anymore, wouldn't trading for better supplies be better?" I was confused.
"You'd be surprised" He smirked. "What's your name and age?" I didn't realise he hadn't asked this question yet.
"Sulwyn. I'm 16."
He stared at my feet, I started to feel shy and curl my toes inwards. "You can look after my grandson, Lucas, while I'm gone" I was shocked at his request. So he did have a grandson.
I heard the flat door click closed.
I sighed as I began to wander around the flat unsure what else to do.

"Who are you?" I jumped out of my skin spinning around in the direction of the voice.
I saw a young boy who was dressed in baby blue pajamas. His hair was black with wavy textures. He wouldn't stop rubbing at his eyes, I assume he hadn't long awoken.
"I'm Sulwyn. Edgar asked me to look after you until he's back" I explained to Lucas. He hummed, reaching his hand out to mine. I allowed him to hold my hand. He began to shake it up and down, "Nice to meet you sulgwin, my name is Lucas." I smiled at his mispronunciation of my name and how delightful his manners were.
"Call me Sully" I heard thunder from
outside as the rain started to pour even harsher.
I noticed worry slowly wash over Lucas' face.
"Do you usually eat breakfast?" I asked him.
"Not usually" He wasn't giving me much to work on here. 

In the end we decided to sit in the living room. Lucas chose to draw, allowing me to have one piece of paper that I was told to use wisely.
"I like your socks" He said as he looked back at his drawing away from my bright socks.
"Thank you" Maybe it is a good thing I did wear these today.
I had decided to draw Greenwood, not today's Greenwood but the Greenwood from 5 years ago. I coloured in all the bright greens that hung from the tall blue and white buildings.
"Is that Greenwood?"
"Yes" I took a look at his drawing, it was an apple. "Do you like apples?"
"I love them. Edgar doesn't really buy apples though he said they don't last long enough." I scrunch my face up in confusion, what did he mean by 'buy'
Maybe it's something to do with the trading he said about.
"Oh right" I pretended to understand.

In total I spent around 3 hours with Lucas until Edgar came back, he had quickly shooed me out of the flat before I could say anything.